ORBX libraries update orders

KaganArisut

Hi,

In FTX Central 2 , it asks to update Orbx Libraries. I also frequently add new products, or update their patches as needed.  what will happen to these product updates installing after the latest Orbx libraries, 

I am asking this, because somewhere at an Orbx product installer, it was warning me about installing Libraries very last.  

thanks in advance

You can install the libraries as many times as you like. It will simply overwrite the necessary files. It is in fact strongly recommended you do so after installing any Orbx product. There's no need to do so when FTX Central patches an existing product. Those files are already the newest possible, but it's not uncommon for older installers to have versions of files that Orbxlibs needs to update to keep everything working nicely.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to ORBX libraries update orders

Old habits die hard ... and, regardless of any updates FTX Central does for me, I always grab a separate copy of the latest libs anyway.

It doesn't take long, so I always run it after adding *anything* ORBX-related. Whether it's entirely necessary I'm not 100% sure - but it certainly won't do any harm! Touch wood, I've never had any landclass or elevation problems with ORBX (though I don't have Global to complicate things) but at the first sign of trouble, my first step would always be updating the libs.

As a matter of interest ... if, for any reason you install an area/airport that happens to replace the latest libs with its older ones, wouldn't FTX Central pick that up when next re-run and prompt you?

Adam.

Global can not "complicate things" if your speaking of elevations or land class.  Global only replaces the FSX default textures with much better textures.  One thing to remember about Global is that running a "repair" of FSX will overwrite the Global textures with the old original textures requiring you to re-install Global again.

If you install an older version of an FTX airport/area that has older library files I'm not positive that FTX Central v2 will determine that you need to update to the latest Libraries.  I just stick with the earlier requirement to re-install the latest libraries after installing anything FTX related. I keep a downloaded version of the latest Libraries installer on my HD so its no problem to just open the installer and run it again.

Thanks for the information. and sorry for capital letters.

Another question , for example I just purchased KJAC Jacksons Hole Airport and downloaded it from flightsimstore 2 days ago, it is now asking for sim version at install screen and P3Dv3 is not there. May I safely select v2 to install it into my P3dv3? 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, KaganArisut said:

Thanks for the information. and sorry for capital letters.

Another question , for example I just purchased KJAC Jacksons Hole Airport and downloaded it from flightsimstore 2 days ago, it is now asking for sim version at install screen and P3Dv3 is not there. May I safely select v2 to install it into my P3dv3? 

Capture.PNG

That looks like an old installer. I would guess that somewhere between you and the FSS servers you ended up getting a not-yet-updated, or cached version.

The first thing to try is to download it again, choosing a different server from FSS. Clear your browser cache before doing so.

ok thank you, I logged on to download page again, and all server links say about 110 version, photo attached below. I also checked my download from one of those 110 versions and its file creation date is August 2015. as you said, its old but I would expect newer version numbers from those links. 

Is there a need to ping FSS support to update? I will also re download from another link but I dont think that it will change. 

thanks

Archived