FSS - Paypal Only?

SGunard

I've just had a very frustrating time trying to order 6 OrbX products. I've never had a problem in the past but for some reason it seems that going through Paypal is the only option now. I had a Paypal account years ago but never use it, so spent a good deal of time trying to resurrect the account - not easy since I've moved both house and changed telephone number at least twice since setting up the account. Finally got it all sorted for Paypal to refuse payment and send me back the merchant to use an alternative payment method!! But thrre isn't one that I can see :-(

Could someone from FSS advise how to proceed, please? Forcing customers to have to go through Paypal, even for a simple credit card payment is not helping your customers (this one anyway!) have a smooth ride!

Regards,

Steve

Hi all, we have disabled the our standard credit card module via eWay while we fine tune some server settings that have caused some transactions processed with that module to not complete correctly.

In the meantime the PayPal module will process you Visa and Mastercard transactions perfectly well, with or without a PayPal account.

The eWay module will be re-enabled again today during hours when we're able to monitor the connections between our server and the payment gateways server.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Nick Cooper changed the title to FSS - Paypal Only?
14 minutes ago, FriLa said:

I tried but they wanted to create an account.

Are you sure it's not just that the create account option is more prominent than the pay with credit card option, because that's what they would prefer. I can't speak to the exact interface you'll see, as it can vary by country.

I'm having the same issue.

I went to buy two ORBX products now. I got the same result seen in the two screenshots above. I've always used my VISA Credit Card method in the past until now . I don't use PayPal.

So for now. If I can't use the regular credit card method. I guess I won't be able to buy anymore ORBX products?. I'm not sure how to proceed.

GrayRider 

Same issue Adrian.

Prefer to use my Credit Card , avoiding Paypal.

My Paypal set up puts it through a check account of a Bank that dongs me USD25 for the privilege of making an 'outside of USA" purchase.

So I avoid Paypal if its not domestic USA purchase.

Is the Credit Card module coming back on line during the sale??

TTM

As Adrian has pointed out in the screenshots above, you don't need to sign up to a Paypal account to process a credit card payment. It works exactly like the eway method, I've just purchased 2 products that way in the last couple of minutes, without a paypal account. Just note that after you put in your details, it asks again to sign up for an account, if you don't want it, click on No Thanks and it'll process the payment normally and take you back to the FSS account screen.

Ok

Looks like the trick when you are checking out is to say "Don't have a Paypal Account", even if you do.

That then brings up option of Opening a Paypal a/c or using the Credit Card. Then you can bang in C. Card details

So Paypal puts it through your Credit Card rather than your Paypal a/c, but does suggest , quite often, that you open a Paypal a/c.

Transaction was successful.

If not already done Adrian, suggest you put out a note to General Discussion Forum about using Credit Card via Paypal as all h-ll could break loose between now & end of sale if folk can't work out how to navigate Paypal/Credit Card.

TTM

Archived