ORBX-FTX NZ North, South P3D V2, V3 crash or reset

Tbu

Environment: PC INTEL XEON E5 2687 8 Core, 124GByte RAM, WIN7 64 bit, NVidia Quattro K4000, now P3D V3, recently P3D V2.5

========================================================================================================

As user of FTX global (no problems) I installed ORBX-FTX New Zealand (North, South) with installers from Flightsim Store of Nov. 30th, 2015. Setting with FTX Central to Oceanic I experienced a very strange behaviour:

Flying e.g. from NZNS to NZQN (all airplanes!) it happens on a regular base that on half way (ca. 150 nm)  the camera view abruptly changes from VC inside  airplane to outside showing the airplane and the landscape shortly followed by a complete reset of the simulation to the beginning of the flight. An other example  will be a flight going from NZAA 05R after ca. 10nm following AKELA1Q SID the same effect. Sometimes P3D will crash completely. The problem exists with P3D V2.5 and now P3D V3. No change ! The effect doesn't depend on the airplane add on !

Is there a limited compatibility with P3D V2.5 and V3 ? FTX Global also no problem. Some airport sceneries (Fly Tampa, Aerosoft etc.) from several vendors also no problem !

What can be the problem ?

Help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Thomas Burchard

That's a well known problem with the two regions of NZ

For exemple : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106968-unexplained-errors-in-nzni-over-populated-areas/#comment-965137

or http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83740-nzsi-on-p3dv23-mid-air-collisions-with-nothing/

The only way is to untick the option "crash detection" option.

Regards

I spend 99% of my ORBX time in the two NZ areas - and have had collision/crash detection turned off for as long as I can remember. It's really no big deal (for me) as I find it pretty unrealistic anyway.

Popular as FTX NZ may be - and beautiful it *certainly* is - I suspect it may be a fair while before ORBX get around to tweaking these "older" areas, so I'd turn off crash detection and enjoy the scenery!

Adam.

Unticking "crash detection" option was the cure ! Everything is fine now. I didn't realise that this is how crashs with objects appear !

Thanks a lot for this.

regards

Thomas

Archived