ObjectFlow.dll and dll.xml

WWA3463

Hi,

I've just installed FTX Global in a new rig with recently installed FSX steam, with no previous FSX version installed before.

Everything went fine, but after installing the requested update 151213, the installer wanted to install the file ObjectFlow.dll into an inexistant AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml file, and it did so and created the file dll.xml.

However, FSX steam created already a dll.xml into the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder. There is no FSX-SE\dll.xml file installed by FSX steam, probably when there's no previous installation of FSX on the same PC.

So I fixed that by myself, copying the ObjectFlow.dll section into the dll.xml in FSX folder.

But is it normal that the installer does not check this by itself ?

Nicolas - Order #FSS0444808

Hi,

I am seeing the same thing after the latest Dec 2015 libraries update.

For some reason there appears to be multiple references to the objectflow.dll files for both Steam and boxed versions of FSX with different folder paths referenced in the Trusted section of the fsx.cfg file. I also see the same entries duplicated in the fsx_se.cfg, again with different folder paths.

(Note: when I commented out the FSX SE object.dll files in the fsx.cfg file, upon restarting FSX it did prompt me to trust the .dll again from the Steam folder location even though FSX is installed on my other drive)

Also, when checking the respective .dll.xml files only the Objectflow.dll located in the FSX SE folder is listed in both .xml files. The reference to the objectflow.dll for FSX is missing.

I have a strange suspicion these entries are incorrectly cross-referenced.

Can someone confirm what the expected behavior is?

thanks

Interesting,

I have just had this same issue when installing another companies airport into FTX Norway. I assumed it was a fault with the other companies installer. As a result I had major elevation and display problems at the airport. After uninstalling the addon I still had similar problems at this airport both in global and when Norway was active.

For what its worth I re-installed the other company`s product using the FTX radio button instead of the FSX-SE one on the installer and the addon  worked okay. However, the Norway region and FTX global versions are still messed up. Strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Though there is indeed only one installer, it is capable of five different configurations.

FSX, FSX Steam Edition (dual installation), P3D v1, P3D v2, P3D v3.

Depending on which simulators are installed or at least have registry entries,

the installer will offer a choice of simulators to install into from which one must

be selected.

Thanks Nick for your reply, I understand a bit better what happened, but as far as I remember, the installer offered me only 1 choice of configuration (I have only FSX SE installed on this rig and never FSX boxed installed). 

As far as I can read on the Steam forums, other people seem to have the same issue, so I will reroute them onto this thread for help.

Regards,

Nicolas

• 3 weeks later...

I have same issue.  Only FSX SE installed in an FSX titled folder (ie not FSX-SE) and not being given an option to install to different versions.  I am not sure if I did the right thing but just copied the new .dll created by the update over into the correct folder.  All seems to work but there was little science or know-how applied with my rather ham fisted approach!

You can know if the installation of ObjectFlow.dll and dll.xml went fine, the first time you will run FSX just after the installation:

During FSX splash screen and loading, you will be popped up with a question regarding "Security" about a new DLL called ObjectFlow.dll, that you should accept, then a second popup will ask you whether you want to add ObjectFlow.dll to the list of trusted DLLs for FSX. 

If you never got those popups, then it is very likely that FSX does not take ObjectFlow.dll into account. 

Then, if you have accepted the trusted DLLs popup (you should do this to not get the popup at each FSX start), you will have a line with ObjectFlow.dll in your FSX.cfg file (which is in appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX), just open it in an editor or notepad and browse the file, search for the word "ObjectFlow")

• 1 year later...

Some errors related to wrong paths can be corrected by following method:

Locate ...\Orbx\Simulators\fsxse.c3json file and correct paths
... path can be determined by right-clicking on FTX Central and selecting open file location.

Archived