Southern Califirnia problem with KBUR

wethersfield

I am experiencing a problem with KBUR airport in my SC file. Everything around the runway is sunken. There are no add-on files for this airport and my scenery settings are set to FTX standards. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Southern California FTX NA SCA Southern California V1.00 December 2015

Order Number: FSS0441572
Order Date: 2015-12-23

[ORB-112] Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Southern California

See attached picture.

Untitled.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.05ba858b9128475935c33a7

1. I have exactly the same problem, searched for all KBUR.BGL files and found none. The frustrating thing is that the night I installed SCA, I read this very article and changed something … Which resulted in the proper depiction of KBUR, and I can't for the life of me remember what I did… So much for adhering to my own rules of documenting everything.

image.thumb.gif.307df8f7918bf012c779adc4

CLICK THE ABOVE to see the KBUR ORBX SCA vs GoogleEarth animated GIF

2. Also since my son having moved from Kentucky to Los Angeles to be screenwriter, and lives six blocks away from the end of runway 26, I wanted to feel closer to him AND enjoy your SCA. I can find him in my MegasceneryX SoCal scenery, but his neighborhood looks like a jumble in SCA ; I thought SCA was based on actual photo real textures, as MegascenerySoCal is. Is it LandClass that is covering his neighborhood up?

3.  Overall I must say that I am delighted with the scenery! And I must congratulate you and everybody on the team! 

Any ideas Holger?

cheers,

Chas

5689ff392ef23_KBUROrbxSCAvsMegaSceneryXS

On 1/2/2016 at 6:04 PM, hesynergy said:

CLICK ON THE ABOVE Animated GIF to see a New comparison between all three,

MegaSceneryX Socal, Google Earth and Orbx SCA,

"Also since my son having moved from Kentucky to Los Angeles to be screenwriter, and lives six blocks away from the end of runway 26, I wanted to feel closer to him AND enjoy your SCA. I can find him in my MegasceneryX SoCal scenery, but his neighborhood looks like a jumble in SCA ; I thought SCA was based on actual photo real textures, as MegascenerySoCal is. Is it LandClass that is covering his neighborhood up?

Cheers,

Chas

On January 4, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Chas,

thanks for the appreciative words. I've made a note to replace the local urban landclass that includes cul-de-sacs with a type that has a strict grid pattern

Cheers, Holger

Sorry to be dense Holger,

but it exactly what does that mean for my situation with the KBUR elevation problem in my first question, and the comparison of  MegasceneryX-Google earth-SCA in the second?

Regards,

Chas

Hi Chas,

Orbx Regions aren't photoscenery products meaning we approximate the local land use pattern with "generic" landclass tiles. We do add photoreal areas in specific locations (see the Google Earth .kmz file that came with SCA) but those are limited to a few percent of the total coverage area.

Sorry, I can't help you with your KBUR elevation problems as long as all you provide is " searched for all KBUR.BGL files and found none". 

Cheers, Holger

On January 6, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Chas,

Sorry, I can't help you with your KBUR elevation problems as long as all you provide is " searched for all KBUR.BGL files and found none". 

Cheers, Holger

Tell me what info you need to diagnose the problem, And I'll be happy you do fire it back to you!

Thanks,

Chas 

• 8 months later...

I am posting in these KBUR topics to point out that running the AEC scanner does not remove the KBUR files from the Vector program. You have to enter KBUR in the scanner tool and manually disable it. That should fix your elevation issues

Archived