Global Airports?

stevehowe

That appeared to be the case up and until the release of SCA, Stew.  But there were quite a few Orbx freeware airports in SCA. San Diego, Palm Springs, Big Bear come to mind.

When I get and install SCA which will take precedence I wonder. The very nice freeware airports or the airport rendering that comes with the new Orbx SCA?

Happy Holidays

cmitch

================

Hi cmitch,

All the Global freeware airports in the SCA area are there and revised as necessary to match the region LC.  However, those airports have been removed from the overall Global pack so they won't overwrite when you download new airports in the overall Pack .  If you had them before and don't install the SCA region they will still be on your computer.

Cheers, Neil

Should the global freeware airports be re-installed after NA SCA? Although the SCA enhanced airports are very good, I notice that some have elements missing, such as REIL and visual glide slope aids. I've noticed this on San Diego Montgomery Field (KMYF),  French Valley (F70), and Twentynine Palms (KTNP). I know that the KMYF and F70 freeware versions had them.

On 25/12/2015 at 6:39 AM, stevehowe said:

Hi all

No i meant the Payware airports that say you must have the FTX Global textures installed.

I wondered if i can use them inside a region.

Can't see why not,just wanted to make sure.

steve

I think Palm Springs is the only example of that so far, and that will have a configurator option added in an update soon which will allow it to switch between Global and NA mode.

On 27/12/2015 at 4:13 AM, paralipsis said:

I think Palm Springs is the only example of that so far, and that will have a configurator option added in an update soon which will allow it to switch between Global and NA mode.

That's correct - KPSP is our only HD airport that was designed "For Global" but now also fits within a region. See this discussion for more information on the upcoming service pack (which will allow full compatibility with SCA). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived