Windsock Error With 151213 Libraries Prepar3D V3.1

High Iron

I installed 151213, the latest libraries for Orbx.

Windsocks at Orbx airports and Orbx regions are pointing full out again indicating a strong wind direction from the North, regardless of real wind conditions. I recall this issue from Prepar3D v2.5. Has this issue re-appeared or is there something amiss with my library update into Prepar3D v3.1?

Cheers,

Thad

Well .... I thought I'd check out all the "full-fat" P3Dv3 compatible airports that I have - which means only two: KSTS (Sonoma) and KTVL (Lake Tahoe).

Curiously, neither of them show any windsocks *at all* (!). Is this by accident or design, I wonder LOL.

Adam.

• 3 weeks later...

As we port the payware airports over to P3Dv3 we are using the opportunity to replace the windsocks with ObjectFlow controlled ones. 

The windsocks at airports placed at the hundreds of airports included with the regions won't be touched as the amount of work required to replace them is something we cannot do now - especially for no extra cost. 

Ed,

Thanks for the response and ORBX's dedication to their customers in supporting P3D V3.

I for one am looking forward to the day I can fly from Hoquim (KHQM) to Cushman Medows (KCMW) in P3D on a spring day while taking in all the sights and sounds of the outstanding ORBX scenery at those to air fields!

Your efforts are much appreciated!  

Cheers,
D-Man

Archived