Southern Cal

GrayRider

I have SCA installed. Some of the SCA areas are heavy on frame rates for me. I'm currently trying to improve my frame rates. In the meantime I put myself in Vegas. Here I can only get 13 FPS. One small parking area near runway 19. I'm see three mounds sticking up in the parking area. They probably shouldn't be there?. When I move away from the area. The mounds do disappear, as well as a couple of planes.

I'm adding two screnshots. One of them shows the mounds sticking up. The other shot away from the parking area the mounds disappear.

screenshot3824.jpg

screenshot3825.jpg

GrayRider

17 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

possibly an interference from a third-party add-on. Are you using anything else that overlaps the Las Vegas area, including AI traffic programs that may supply their own airport files?

Cheers, Holger

Holger. I do use Traffic 360. I don't have any third party addon  scenery's in the Las Vegas area, none that I know of?. Of course I do have the orbx SCA region installed etc.

GrayRider

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 10:08 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

I'd suggest running a search of your hard drive for all .bgl files with KLAS in their name and post the results here; an example of this process is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107783-kors-elevation-issue/#comment-970703

Cheers, Holger

I'm not sure how to do what you ask?. I am a windows 7 user. Do you want me to go to my FSX folder, and in the upper right corner. Type in KLAS and see what .bgl files come up and post a screenshot here. correct?.

GrayRider

2 hours ago, GrayRider said:

I'm not sure how to do what you ask?. I am a windows 7 user. Do you want me to go to my FSX folder, and in the upper right corner. Type in KLAS and see what .bgl files come up and post a screenshot here. correct?.

GrayRider

Holger.

I went to my FSX Folder, and did a search for KLAS. I'm adding a screenshot of what was found. I than went back to my desktop, and did a whole computer search for KLAS. The results were the same as seen in the screenshot. As a note. My central was set to NA when I did the search in my FSX folder. There isn't much showing in the screenshot for KLAS. let me know if you see anything that needs to be changed.

GrayRider

screenshot3828.jpg

Holger.

I've added a screenshot to one of my quotes to you of what shows up for KLAS, when I did a search of my FSX drive for you to see. I did a whole computer scan as well. The result was the same as seen in this screenshot. I have no third party addons for KLAS.

GrayRider  

I removed the AFX_KLAS bgl file from my traffic360 scenery folder. Doing so didn't remove the two walls/mounds from view.?.

I'm adding another screenshot, taken after I removed the traffic360 bgl file.

screenshot3829.jpg

I'm not sure what to try next?.

GrayRider

Hi there,

it's weird the way that rogue file only affects that one corner of the airport. It may just be a local add-on that doesn't use the ICAO of KLAS. For example, there are a couple of helipads in that corner of the airport so maybe you have an add-on that adds heliports in the area? The fact that those ridges manage to appear despite the general KLAS flatten polygons included with SCA indicates some ADE (=airport facilities) file at higher display priority than the Orbx/FTX block of entries.

Could be tricky to track down other than systematically deactivating all entries above SCA in your scenery library menu. If you have a lot of them then you could deactivate half, check the situation, if it disappears, re-activate half of those entries, and so on (if it doesn't appear, switch your focus to the other half). This 50/50-split approach usually allows one to quickly find the culprit among many entries.

Cheers, Holger

Holger.

I'm not sure where to go, to get a screenshot of my complete FSX scenery library menu I have at the moment.

For the moment. My  FSX scenery library line up above my ORBX FTX entries are: Directly above my Orbx FTX entries is the OZx_AUS, OZx_LIB, OZx_NA freeware's Above the OZx entries is all RTMM freeware addons, all the way to the top of my FSX scenery menu. I have a whole lot of these installed.

This operation you mention, may be way over my head, as knowing what I'm doing.

As a note. I do have my default Las Vegas deactivated in my FSX scenery library menu.

GrayRider  

Archived