FTX Ireland and P3D v3 Green Textures on Water over dublin

Peter131176

After tests and own observation about P3D v3, v2 and FSX I don't blame ORBX support for not giving any updates about my issue coz most probably is conflicting with textures in P3D v3 and I presume they're not developed till the end as they should be. Textures in P3D after installing Global, Vector and Open LC (in my case Europe) are just amazing without any of regional FTX's. 

Troubleshooting steps for my grass water issue in P3D v3 over Ireland:

First step, I disabled all ORBX in my scenery library. Then started from Vector over Ireland - was fine, next OpenLC - was fine, then FTX Ireland and water turned into a grass, after disabling FTX Ireland everything get back to normal. 

In my opinion, stay off FTX regional textures till they do a right job. 

3 Base textures do a great job in P3D v3 - P3D v2 still requires all ORBXs to look nice but hit on FPSs is hudge in PMDG 737 NGX

Regards

Peter

P.S.

They would kick me out from job if I would respond to clients in that kind of time frame :)  - no offence guys I know you are very busy

Just to be clear on subject, I'm paying for a product to get a support not to troubleshoot myself coz I'm working as well and don't have time to do it. It's 04:34am in here and since I get back from work at 20:17 I'm installing windows and all that Jazz to it 2 times to be sure.

Regards

Peter

Did you install the latest libraries, and did you select Europe and apply it as your active group in FTX Central ?

Consider the time difference for crying out loud. It's the week end in australia. Even OrbX guys have familys and weekends! Sheesh!

Sue

latest libraries and global hybrid mode are installed and selected. never had problem with hybrid mode and any other FTX regional sceneries in v2 or FSX. Have all Europe and PFJ, NCalifornia and Alaska. At this stage I'm afraid to install any of them coz sim is working fine, however if you haven't encountered with this issue before and haven't been reported it means it should be fine, why I can see grass and tree over Dublin coast , flying bit further east I can see Irish see starting and after few miles grass again. Running only on Global, Vector and Open LC I don't have this issue all is fine. Will try to install England later on and will report if I'm experiencing similar issue over England's coasts.

Hi Peter,

also, make sure that the order of the two Orbx "blocks" is correct, meaning the FTX block is at higher priority than the openLC block (best to use the two insertion tool markers for this in FTX Central); and the Vector entries need to be far down the order, where they are placed by the installer. Other than that the only other potential interference could be from some other add-on at higher display priority that locally excludes the IRL waterbody polygon files.

If the issue persists post some representative screenshots of the area and perhaps also of your scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Thx Holger, I'm using ORBX quite a while and had many sleeples nights at the very beggining and all this is well known for me, thx for tip with another scenery interfering with FTX Irl which could be only Aerosoft EIDW which I copied and pasted from v2 and added to scenery library. 

Ok after flight I'll install Ireland coz at the moment approaching Dublin, will update libs after install and will run Vector Configurator and will change insertation point coz usually was installing orbx first so other add-ons could pop up above FTX and report back.

Hello Peter, 

Use Paint or another image editing software to downsize the screen shot and convert it to .jpg format.

1000 horizontal size is more than enough.

Then using an image hosting site, such as OzX Image Hosting, upload your picture there.

Then select Viewer Links\Direct links and copy the text.

Return to your topic and select Insert other media\Insert Image from URL and paste the text into the box.

Click on Insert into post and it will appear there.

You didn't write where to upload them, actually it was Holger who replied  to me, so please tell me how to upload them and I'll send you all screen shots from scenery libraries, installed products, insertation point and two flyby views with and without ORBX FTX Ireland

Beside in the very beggining P3D v3 when I closed it gave this error message 

Content errors have been detected see the log c:\users\....

This is the log

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section: 
 File:D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Effects\fx_orbx_streetlight_2.fx
 Key:nn[Library Effect]

[error.1]
 Key:Lifetime

[error.2]
 Key:Version

[error.3]
 Key:Display Name

[error.4]
 Key:Radius

[error.5]
 Key:Priority

I've rad somewhere to disable logging in P3D v3 and thats what I did, the message is not popping up at closing from obvious reason.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to FTX Ireland and P3D v3 Green Textures on Water over dublin

Hi Peter,

try switching back to Global/hybrid to see whether the issue returns. It really shouldn't as the files involved in terms of showing waterbodies and other features are the same between Europe and Global/hybrid.

You scenery library order looks OK as far as the Orbx products are concerned; on the other hand your second screenshot indicates that there are 48 entries above what is visible so there may still be some third-party interference.

As for the error log with the missing effects it indicates that the Orbx Libraries weren't installed at that point (those light effects are delivered with OrbxLibs); I'd assume the errors wouldn't show up again if you reactivated the logging.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Peter,

glad to hear the issues have been resolved.

As for the windmills in the water they do exist just like that; you were probably looking at North Hoyle windfarm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hoyle_Offshore_Wind_Farm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hoyle_Offshore_Wind_Farm#/media/File:North_Hoyle_Offshore_Wind_Farm_aerial.jpg

Cheers, Holger

Archived