Friday Harbour purchase

zazaboeing

I made the same mistake, Friday Harbor SE says its ORBX, Steams DLC's do not use the same folder setup as FSX Boxed, sooner or later some one will most likely make a conversion tool its not like you didn't did pay for it. 

Probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out how to manually move files around and edit the .exe and .cfg's  but that would be a bit of work and a mistake could be bad, so sucks to be us :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, JayBob said:

I made the same mistake, Friday Harbor SE says its ORBX, Steams DLC's do not use the same folder setup as FSX Boxed, sooner or later some one will most likely make a conversion tool its not like you didn't did pay for it. 

Probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out how to manually move files around and edit the .exe and .cfg's  but that would be a bit of work and a mistake could be bad, so sucks to be us :rolleyes: 

My personal opinion:

I can't say I understand this logic. I wouldn't walk in to Game and assume I could steal Call of Duty for the PS4 just because I already own it on the Xbox One.

Regarding moving folders; It's not that simple, it's DRM protected. Also - a lot of assets need to not only be re-exported from the original source files, but also need a lot of material changes. That's not even touching the terrain and exclusions. A lot of time and work went in to creating the triple installer version with new features for YOU. The thought of people just feeling entitled to convert it over actually bugs me quite a bit.

Russ

Right this topic is getting locked.

You are NOT allowed to 'port' or copy the Steam version of KFHR into P3D or other versions of the sim, that is in breach of the EULA you agreed to with Steam and Dovetail Games and you won't get tech support from us here at the Orbx FTX forums since your order number won't tally with a required purchase of our version of KFHR from flightsimstore.com

Blatantly telling us you're thinking of doing so is not the most clever thing to discuss publicly.

It's on sale for 35% off this month so now is the best time to get the appropriate and enhanced version for P3D.

Archived