oh beautiful friday harbor what have ye done?

Jbaran

hi all - alas I waited and waited until yesterday to purchase Friday Harbor ... downloaded excitedly and installed ... orbx libraries notice came up as needing an update in ftx central 2 ...

I clicked update as I have before ... and as it installed it gave a few odd error messages (can't recall the wording exactly - sorry), said it was updated, but in central 2 still stated update needed, now says installed ...

but

I go back in to fly the wonderful Friday Harbor and see below as to what I now see in my previously 'all working' fsx se ??

black plane preview screen window ...

1.png

black details preview screen for chosen plane

3.png

on game load ... cockpit view shows no plane and black sky

4.png

I can take off and take a look around Friday Harbor ... no objects seem to have loaded??

5.png

no idea what is going on ... was sooooo excited to just go and have a nice flight :)!!

could someone please assist as to what this might be and how I can correct it pls and thanks

can I re-install the latest orbx ftx libraries ... I can't see an option to try and do that from ftx central 2 but wondering if that might be the issue here ... I hope??

regards

ok - latest libraries installed properly ... now I'm thinking this is a dx9 vs dx10 issue

I was running dx10 w fixer successfully to enjoy the shadows in cockpit etc

I also ran reshade to tweak the colors etc and was enjoying that

if I 'revert' back to dx9 it all works like it did, but as soon as I try and switch to dx10 preview I get the blacks per the shots above, even if fsx config lists dx10 as '1' (on)

there must be a file somewhere that is confusing it - grrrrr

The airport works just as it should in Direct X 10

You might try deleting the shader cache and then trying Dx 10 again.

You will find the files at

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

Delete both folders, Shaders and Shaders 10, FSX will rebuild them.

Archived