Library 151213 Question

GrayRider

I installed the latest library. The Dynamic Object Placement module installer did open. I clicked on install the module?. After I installed the library. I did a windows search for the object placement module. For some reason the module isn't coming up, as to where it is located, or I can't find it. At this point I don't know if it is installed or not?. I reinstalled the library again, but the object module installer didn't show up, to reinstall the module etc.

I guess I'm asking. Where is the object placement module located, and what is it called?.  My sim is FSX and is on my F: drive.

GrayRider

1 hour ago, Ed Correia said:

The moduleinstaller creates a line entry in the DLL.XML file, it does not install a file per se. 

Ed.

If the moduleinstaller creates a line entry in the DLL.XML file. Should the DLL.XML file show a date of the last time it was modified or updated?. Where is the DLL.XML file located?. For now I'll assume, when I installed the  library, the moduleinstaller did what it was supposed to, when I clicked yes to install it etc.

GrayRider 

Hi GrayRider,

The dll.xml file for FSX is located under (in my PC) Owner/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX.    I use Win 7 and clicking on the file I see the text of the file in a pane to the right.  There is also a column showing "Date modified".   You can manually edit this file by renaming it with a .txt extention and making changes.  Then rename/save it back to .xml        Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi GrayRider,

The dll.xml file for FSX is located under (in my PC) Owner/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX.    I use Win 7 and clicking on the file I see the text of the file in a pane to the right.  There is also a column showing "Date modified".   You can manually edit this file by renaming it with a .txt extention and making changes.  Then rename/save it back to .xml        Hope this helps.

Thanks Rob.

I found the file. It was modified 15 Dec 2015. I still use Win 7 as well etc.

GrayRider 

Archived