Do I really need Triple installers

shermank

I still have not upgraded to W10 from my current W7 Home Edition. But, I expect to do so after I get an answer to this question:

because I do not plan on changing from FSX to P3D unless forced to by unforeseen developments, do I still need to download and use the Triple Installers for all my ORBX software before moving to W10?

thanks, as always!

sherm

I do the same as Noel, but to be honest I'm STILL not sure "No" is the correct answer.  I recall reading a post somewhere that the new installers *might* contain updates that WOULD benefit even an FSX installation (not just a P3Dv3 one).

Can someone clarify that?  If my current ORBX installation in FSX Steam is working fine (it was installed using the "old" instalers), and FTX Central is NOT indicating there are any "updates" needed, is there any benefit in downloading and installing the new installers?  I THINK one of the ORBX developers said FTX Central might NOT indicate there is an update, but installing the new installers MIGHT benefit an FSX installation anyhow.

1 hour ago, FalconAF said:

I do the same as Noel, but to be honest I'm STILL not sure "No" is the correct answer.  I recall reading a post somewhere that the new installers *might* contain updates that WOULD benefit even an FSX installation (not just a P3Dv3 one).

Can someone clarify that?  If my current ORBX installation in FSX Steam is working fine (it was installed using the "old" instalers), and FTX Central is NOT indicating there are any "updates" needed, is there any benefit in downloading and installing the new installers?  I THINK one of the ORBX developers said FTX Central might NOT indicate there is an update, but installing the new installers MIGHT benefit an FSX installation anyhow.

If there are updates relevant to your platform then FTX Central will notify you of them. Newer installers won't give you anything you are missing out on.

So you should chose what works for you. If for instance your internet connection at home is spotty but you can get new installers while at work or at a friend's place, then that might be easier than getting larger patches delivered via FTX Central over the top of older installers. But in terms of the end result it will still be the same versions installed.

Archived