Bozeman installer says DLL corrupt

Stephen Merry

After just installing six new FTX airports the day before, Bozeman installer says " Your Dll.xml file appears to be corrupt. Module Installer cannot add the module to a corrupt xml file. Replace with a new file?" It did install the control panel though and everything else seems to be OK. FSX and add-ons like ASN, REX, etc. work fine. Looking at the file with Flight1's FSXML utility, I can't see anything obviously wrong.

Yes that's it. Thanks for quick response. I added a blank line to the DLL by right click / edit. This time though, it asked for Disc 2. I chose "Cancel" rather than "Retry". It finished and seems to be complete. Obviously, a number of people, paying customers, spent a lot of time sorting out this installer glitch and I must say that it's disappointing that months later I'm wasting my flying time doing the same thing. It's not freeware. It should just work, or there should be some sort of notification of this work-around.

Jarrad

As I always do, I down loaded the zip file, extracted it to a temp folder and right-clicked on the OrbxFTXNAKBZN100 exe file "Run as  Admin".  Should I have deleted the old ModuleInstaller from the KBZN folder and replaced it with the newer one in FTX AU Libs Scenery folder? What am I missing by skipping Disc 2? It seems OK. Thanks

Steve

G'day Stephen, 

It sounds as though you are running the installer correctly, I'm not sure as to why you are getting the "insert Disk 2" prompt as my previous suggestion is the only known cause that I'm aware of. You can check that all the files are installed by doing a quick check in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN folder, and checking that there are a total of 36 files in the \scenery folder and 720 files in the \texture folder. If these numbers correlate with yours, then your setup is complete. As you have solved your issue with the Objectflow DLL, I shouldn't see any need to replace it with the ORBXlibs version.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Well it looks like KBZN is complete, 36 scenery files and too many to count texture files; I'll assume it's good. Next I installed Friday Harbour with no problem. Then realizing that it required Northern California, I down-loaded that. This time the installer asked for Disc 1. I cancelled. Then looked at the DLL and saw that the blank line at the bottom that I had edited-in was gone. That's the only change I had made for Bozeman. So I put it back in, although this installer isn't supposed to care about that, and the install went fine without the Disc 1 request. I guess I can do some flying now. Thanks

Steve 

• 1 month later...

I just purchased KBZN and had the same reference to a corrupt dll.xml file. Fortunately I stopped the installation and read the advice to copy my original dll.xml entry then paste the new detail for KBZN before adding the dll file back into its correct place and all appears to work.

Also during the installation it reverted my ORBX libs back to a 2011 entry and I had to update via FTX central - not a big deal but am surprised this hasn't been resolved after all the comments also related to KJAC.

Interestingly I purchased KJAC a month ago and had no issues related to dll or orbx libs so not sure what the KBXN problem is?

Fab scenery.... James

G'day James,

Glad you are enjoying KBZN :) At the moment, Bozeman is still in it's original release format, dating from September 2013. This means that it uses some "legacy" installation/scenery components, such as including a copy of the then-current ORBXlibs (with FTX-Central v1) and airport-specific Objectflow.dll. A new installer is in the works - it will be part of the upcoming P3Dv2/v3 compatibility patch, which will remove these two older features - in the same way that KJAC has with it's recently updated installer. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived