KEGE locallizers and idents

vonmar

Hello,

I just got KEGE (looks great) installed for FSX and checking it out.

The KEGE approach plate (mine is DEC2015) shows one offset LDA/DME (LDA/GS) for RWY 25:
I-ESJ 109.75
This is what I thought I would see in the scenery.

However, the KEGE scenery (on my installation) shows two ILS/DME's and neither with I-ESJ:
I-ABA 108.30
I-EGE 109.75

Why is the scenery different form the current  approach plate?

Note: the original default KEGE scenery (e.g. for P3Dv3) is :
LOC/DME 25
I-EGE 110.10 (LOC with DME only (no /GS)
The LOC is not offset as far as I can tell.
Probably the original FSX (and KEGE) approach years ago.

Edit2:

I also tried the GYPSUM departure using LOC 109.75 and it does not take me to VAILE fix (screenshot) but LOC 108.30 does?

Maybe my error?

KEGE-Appr-LDA-DME (1).JPG

KEGE-Appr-LDA-DME (2).JPG

KEGE-stock-LOC-DME.JPG

kege-GYPSUM-rw7 (11) -notVAILE.JPG

Airport procedures change.  If you look at the description of the AFCAD you are using in your above pictures, it says "ILS is Stock".  Basically, you are using an AFCAD that is a representation of the approach and departure procedures from the past for KEGE, but trying to use current (Dec2015) navigation charts with it.  They won't match.

You say you are using an approach plate for Dec2015, so I'm going to assume you got it from a site like AirNav that updates airport charts on a monthly basis and has the most CURRENT approaches and departures for airports.  That's fine...but only if you ALSO update your Flight Simulator database to include updated airport files too.  Currently for KEGE, there are only 2 real-world Instrument Approaches...RNAV (GPS)-D and LDA/DME RWY 25.  There are only 2 current real world departures...GYPSUM FIVE and MEEKER TWO.  See this link from the KEGE airport information at AirNav (scroll down to see the IAP and Departure charts links).  http://airnav.com/airport/KEGE

Unless you subscribe to a service like Navigraph https://www.navigraph.com/ (or get your updated airport files from a different source), the monthly updated charts you use will eventually not match the airport data in your flight simulator anymore.  That is the situation you are in right now.  The AFCAD in your pictures in your flight simulator does not have the same CURRENT Dec2015 approaches and departures for the charts you are using.  In your pictures, ADE is showing the information from the AFCAD that is in your flight simulator, and for KEGE that information is no longer real world current.  In your flight sim "map" or "flight planner" displays, it will only show the information contained in the AFCAD you are using, and that won't match any DEC2015 current charts.

And it's not the KEGE airport developers fault.  They have to pick a set of approaches and departures to include with the airport when they develop it, which they did.  Since then, the real-world approaches and departures at KEGE have changed.  You are using updated CHARTS, but not updated AIRPORT files to match the charts.  Installing new monthly airport navigation files (like from Navigraph) will make sure your airports match any current charts you are using.

Hope this helped.

G'day Vonmar, 

We do have a couple of fixes for the KEGE APX which will ship with the upcoming Quad Installer (see here) which correct a couple of positioning and frequencies. That being said, a limitation of the FSX/P3Dv2 engine is that ident designations can't be altered from the default; ie the 2006-era I-EGE can't be renamed to I-ESJ, etc. So whilst there will be a couple of improvements in the next KEGE patch, these will be within the limitations of what we can reproduce in FSX and P3D. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

FalconAF:

Thanks for the follow up.

"Airport procedures change.  If you look at the description of the AFCAD you are using in your above pictures, it says "ILS is Stock".  Basically, you are using an AFCAD that is a representation of the approach and departure procedures from the past for KEGE, but trying to use current (Dec2015) navigation charts with it.  They won't match."

** I was showing the Orbx KEGE Afcad info (screenshots) being used in Orbx KEGE now.
** Just mentioning that KEGE has only one LOC ... but two are being used in the Afcad.

"You say you are using an approach plate for Dec2015, so I'm going to assume you got it from a site like AirNav that updates airport charts on a monthly basis and has the most CURRENT approaches and departures for airports.  That's fine...but only if you ALSO update your Flight Simulator database to include updated airport files too.  "

** I get the current plates from the FAA and I use Navigraph for FSX and P3D procedures (SID/STAR/Approach/airport/fixes data). So I am all set there.

"The AFCAD in your pictures in your flight simulator does not have the same CURRENT Dec2015 approaches and departures for the charts you are using.  In your pictures,"

** The Afcad is from Orbx KEGE ... and I was wondering if it should match current real world data or not?
** Should I be able to fly the GYPSUM FIVE per the 2005 plate ... I could not (in example screenshot).

"And it's not the KEGE airport developers fault.  They have to pick a set of approaches and departures to include with the airport when they develop it, which they did.  Since then, the real-world approaches and departures at KEGE have changed.  You are using updated CHARTS, but not updated AIRPORT files to match the charts.  Installing new monthly airport navigation files (like from Navigraph) will make sure your airports match any current charts you are using. "

** I use Navigraph.

Edit:

On the stock airports. I showed screenshots of two stock situations. The first is from the current Orbx KEGE and the second is from the true FSX default stock KEGE. Note, each stock airport has different LOC frequencies.

Jarrad,

Thanks for the reply.

Looking forward to the fixes/patch and the quad installer for KEGE (I assume for P3Dv3 KEGE also).

Have a good day.

Edit:

Localizer 109.75  variation used (Orbx KEGE afcad)  is -11.9 degrees but today's plate shows -9.5 degrees.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived