Refund or Store credit

Rich

Hello,

I recently purchased EURegion Scotland and although I cannot fault the detail and accuracy of the addon I was disappointed to find black squares everywhere. Additionally the load time is frustrating. 

I do do not want to spend time patching or editing texture files to resolve this issue.

I have spoken with the flightsimstore and they are willing to refund or provide store credit for the return of the item if OrbX authorises it and this is what I would like to do.

I can provide my product key to be invalidated and can assist in whatever the process takes.

Best,

Richard

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand this but the product was designed for FSX and nothing informed me it was not compatible with the DX10 preview mode. 

Easily solved but in solving it I reduce my simulator experience in other ways. Would this not reduce performance/FPS?

Is there no plan to latch the product?

Best,

Richard

DX10 preview mode is extremely buggy and was never finished by Microsoft for FSX, that's why is was never intended for regular use and they called it 'Preview Mode'.

However there is a small tool available called Steve's DX10 Fixer which resolved those issues and introduces many other benefits of DX10. If you search this forum you will find more information about this app - there is also a freeware version of it available as well.

Hi Richard,

Have you ever wondered why MS and the ACES developers of FSX gave this DX10 mode a rather strange designation in the settings panel? (Preview DirectX 10). The word preview would suggest it is an unfinished platform.

I believe that it was meant to be an introductory measure into the new features of DX10 capable Graphics cards of the day. Although they new it was somewhat buggy in implementation, they would have revisited it for overhaul and proper implementation if given the chance to do so by Microsoft. Unfortunately because MS chose to disband the ACES team, DX10 remained buggy until a man called Steve Parsons chose to make some inroads into the DX10 feature within FSX, quite successfully I might add.

There is no problem with the Orbx 3D lighting system.

The black box problem always occurs when an FSX simmer chooses to use the DX10 preview to obtain more FPS and a few other eye candy features available with DX10.

I'm sorry to say as others have said above, that unless you use Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer it will be swings and carousels, (alternatively chose to sim in DX9 mode or shift to P3D)

When FSX was written, there was no such thing as Direct X 10, the current version at the

time was Direct X 9, the current operating system was Windows XP.

FSX SP2 was the first version to include the ability to preview Direct X 10 and the current

operating system was by then Vista.

As above, FSX development was stopped before the Direct X 10 compatibility was complete.

The freeware fix can be found at the Avsim Library, file name  shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

Thanks everyone for the input and the links. 

I'll try the fix.

the scenery is great, just to be clear, it's very accurate. I'm just not sure how much I'm going to get out of it. 

I assume as this is a digital product, there is no returns policy? 

Rich

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Thanks everyone for the input and the links. 

I'll try the fix.

the scenery is great, just to be clear, it's very accurate. I'm just not sure how much I'm going to get out of it. 

I assume as this is a digital product, there is no returns policy? 

Rich

Rich

Also be sure to download and install the latest Orbx libs last after every scenery addition or change, they can be found at the bottom of the product support page...

https://fullterrain.com/support

The libs get updated regularly, so run your FTX Central 2 often to check and or keep an eye on the Release announcement forum....

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

Archived