FSX Acceleration pack installation advice please?

Chivenor Chopper

Hello,

I'm currently running the Standard version of FSX, with SP1 and SP2 installed; FTX products are FTX Global and Europe, with Eng.,Scot. and Wales.

I wish to get the FSX SDK files etc., so that I am able to run simconnect with AirTraffic F X.

I understand that the necessary software is only available with the purchase of either Deluxe or Gold editions of FSX, OR buying the Acceleration Add-On pack.

My question is:- If I install the Acceleration Pack, having removed SP2 of course; will this mean that I have to re-install All of my FTX scenery, or will that not be effected at all?

Please don't be too technical with your answers, I'm not that up to speed! LOL

Chivenor Chopper

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

No, you should be able to install Acceleration without breaking anything.

However, if you only want it for the SDK, you can install that without

having to upgrade FSX.

That's interesting Nick, and thanks for the reply.

Can you provide a download link for the SDK at all?

CC

Hi there,

actually, changing the version of FSX generally makes it necessary to re-install your add-on collection as well due to the way the FSX main files and add-ons interconnect (the installation will revert all core files to their default version; for the same reason running a Repair of an existing FSX version will often "break" add-ons as well).

If you do have the Deluxe version of FSX you should have the SDK setup files on your FSX disk. If you only have the Standard version then you'd need to upgrade to Acceleration or FSX Steam Edition and then install the respective SDK version; see http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

Cheers, Holger 

Archived