FSX Scenery List - Regions not appearing

Mithras

Hi, after just installing Australia SP4 successfully, along with the new object libraries I noticed all my FTX stuff is missing from the rest of the library, PNW, England, Wales,, Scotland, CRM, NRM, Wales, North California ... It still displays when I fly and is also in the FTX Central, but it is not in the Scenery List. Open LC and two other entries for ORBX are there, though. 

Any solutions? 

Hi, I did, but then switched to Global and then Hybrid, but they did not appear. 

However, I installed FTX Norcal, which I had removed last Spring, and the whole scenery list is back in place again now! Many thanks for your reply, though. I was getting worried there might be 'troubles ahead'. 

8 hours ago, Mithras said:

Hi, I did, but then switched to Global and then Hybrid, but they did not appear. 

However, I installed FTX Norcal, which I had removed last Spring, and the whole scenery list is back in place again now! Many thanks for your reply, though. I was getting worried there might be 'troubles ahead'. 

I just found out on another subforum from Holger that ticking Global will indeed remove all those from the Scenery Library.  Ticking any of the Regions, like North America, will bring them all back! 

On 18/11/2015, 20:10:57, Mithras said:

It still displays when I fly and is also in the FTX Central, but it is not in the Scenery List. Open LC and two other entries for ORBX are there, though.

This is not possible.

The scenery library is where the simulator obtains its instructions to display scenery.

If there is no scenery library entry, then that scenery will not display.

What is possible is that the wrong scenery.cfg file is being viewed.

In the respect of the scenery library, FTX Central has only two settings.

1.) Global which removes all regions' entries but leaves FTX addon airports active.

2.) Any other region and hybrid which activates all region scenery library entries.

Therefore, if you look at your scenery library when Global is selected, all the regions'

entries will have "disappeared".

If you then tick Hybrid or select a region, regardless of which one, all the regions'

entries will have "reappeared".

Of course, if you fail to click on Apply Group after either of these steps, or indeed after

installing a new region, no changes will be made.

Archived