Scotland - Land on Sea again (P3Dv3)

I have installed the P3Dv3 FTX Scotland files and latest ORBXLibs (151108) and a previous problem where land appears in the sea has returned.  This is especially visible at Edinburgh airport (EGPH - UK2000 Scenery) and the adjacent Firth of Forth.  Last time with previous versions of P3Dv2.x it required an update of ORBXLibs to clear this problem.  Any suggestions on how I fix it this time?

Hi there,

first thing to try is starting up FTX Central v2 and cycle between Default/Global and Europe, pressing Apply each time. Doing so will check the required entries in terrain.cfg and repair/append as necessary.

Also, make sure you don't have any third-party add-on at higher display priority that might alter waterbodies too, meaning exclude the FTX SCO components.

Cheers, Holger 

Thank you Holger. I do have the UK2000 Edinburgh scenery at a higher priority to stop FTX Scotland drawing trees in the middle of the runway (24/06).  I will try the FTX Central v2 cycling your suggest.

PS. I am have great problems downloading the FTX Central recommended patches to FTX England (1 to 4). The server keeps timing out on me.

Hi there,

having UK2000 above the FTX block should be correct. 

According to the release post for the new ENG installer no further patches are required: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/104597-ftx-australia-and-england-new-installers-p3dv3/

Generally speaking, if a download link keeps timing out try one of the freeware download managers that can deal with interruptions.

Cheers, Holger

Problem solved. While waiting 5 hours to download FTX England 1.40, I deselected the England 1.30 scenery from my installation transferred from my P3Dv2.5 setup. This cleared the issue of land appearing in the sea of the Firth of Forth near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND(?). After installing the latest England 1.40 and with the England scenery active, the reported problem had cleared. Thank you Holger for your assistance.

Archived