Aircraft, boats etc... Viewing distance problem

Kenny1986

Since installing several Add-ons for my FSX Steam edition including Orbx Base pack, vector and the Europe and North America openLC's I haven't been able to see boats or other airplanes clearly from a distance, I only get to see them when they are approximately a mile out.

I've checked my setting in FSX and they are all maxed out

Any ideas ?

thanks.

• 6 months later...

Did anyone resolve this one? I tried deleting my FSX config and it generated a new one, but the problem persisted. I don't even see them a mile out. I have to buzz the ship to get it to show.

I included a screen of what I see. Again, I have to be on top of the vessel for it to show.

EDIT- This was taken off Orcas in the PNW area.

wake problem.jpg

I read somewhere in this forum that for FSX:SE you need to add the line

SmallPartRejectRadius=0

to the "[SCENERY]" section in your FSX.CFG, because otherwise some distant objects will not be drawn. Maybe that fixes your issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I found through another thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91991-AI-Boats-Have-All-Gone-Missing 

If anyone is having the issue and the other items haven't worked it seems if I have compatibility settings turned off for my FSX executable the boats return.

I cant remember what crash or fix I had compatibility settings on for but others had vista and simply turned it off. I had XP selected and just turned it off and it worked. Hopefully I don't run into whatever issue I mitigated before but for now it works. Thanks to the other suggestions too. It seems the small object radius, etc. has worked for some so it just depends on the flavor of the problem you have.

[EDIT, I run Win7 Ultimate BTW]

Someone cue the Who. I can now see them for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

boats.jpg

Archived