Traffic AI

agusti

• 2 weeks later...

Both the FTX NA and AU Traffic packs work fine in P3D V3 however I do not plan to do an installer just yet as there are real life issues to attend to.

Other things permitting, I am hoping to release a complete update to the FTX AU Traffic pack with lots of new aircraft and liveries which will also have an installer for P3D V3 some time in the new year. In the meantime, you can copy all the relevant files from FSX or P3D V2 and it will work fine.

1. Copy all the Aircraft folders titled FTX AU xxxxxxxx from/to your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

2. Copy the files Traffic_FTX International Airlines.bgl, Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl, Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl,  from/to your Scenery\World\Scenery folder

3. Copy the file orbx_cpl_ftxauai.xml from/to your ORBX\Scripts folder.

A HUGE thank you for the previous releases - particularly for AU (as I'm in NZ a lot): they had so many wonderful custom liveries. I was always getting pleasantly surprised by old favourites popping up whenever I landed somewhere new.

Glad to see I can tweak them to work OK in P3Dv3. Will you announce here (in this thread) when the next version will be ready? I'll keep this thread bookmarked in anticipation!

Adam.

• 1 month later...

If I can't copy them over (don't have FSX on my HDD any longer) is there any way to install it into P3D V3 using the freeware FTX AU & NA GA installers?

On 1/26/2016 at 6:53 PM, archie said:

If I can't copy them over (don't have FSX on my HDD any longer) is there any way to install it into P3D V3 using the freeware FTX AU & NA GA installers?

All good, i figured it out. Just used the earlier FSX only files and directed it to my P3D install, works like a charm!

Is there any way to install the NA traffic if you do NOT have FSX and/or P3D v3 installed? I am dying to get AI in FTX Norway but I see no way how to get this done... Is it possible to receive the files somehow, so without an installer? So I can install them as Graham explained? Again, I really would love to get the NA AI working and I get the impression a v3 installer won't be released any time soon.

3 hours ago, J van E said:

Is there any way to install the NA traffic if you do NOT have FSX and/or P3D v3 installed? I am dying to get AI in FTX Norway but I see no way how to get this done... Is it possible to receive the files somehow, so without an installer? So I can install them as Graham explained? Again, I really would love to get the NA AI working and I get the impression a v3 installer won't be released any time soon.

In the meantime I tried a registry edit trick to get the NA AI to install and it worked so I am good!

Archived