New Graphics card.

Want to buy a new Graphics card, like the AMD Radeon R9 390. Any comments? For all of you NVIDIA fans out there, NO i´m NOT interested in your comments or suggestions. Have had NVIDIA cards for many years and don´t like them, so let´s avoid the AMD vs NVIDIA discussion, please.  ::)

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I used AMD cards a while back with few problems, and it worked pretty well in FSX at the time (and nowhere near as bad as some folks made out)... The 390 performes much like a GTX970, sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse... sadly flight sims never figure in review sites benchmarks, so how it does in FSX or P3D is something you'll only find out when you get it.

Seems like a good card though............. but I'd get a GTX970 >:D   :lol:   :ph34r: 

Some of the 390's looks like a pretty awesome card Jack, I'm an Nvidia guy but I'd say go for it. The only downsides I see really is the power draw and heat created, my GTX970 runs 20+c cooler under load than pretty much every 390. With that heat, it's commonly noted that the fans are very loud as they are spinning so hard trying to keep it cool.

The Nvidia Inspector issue with p3d isn't really an issue, user error more than anything.

I must say it would be interesting to see what sort of IQ you can get with AMD in P3D... I loved the image my unlocked 6950 used to deliver in FSX. They did undoubtedly suffer with high cloud density, but this may not be such an issue with the extra horsepower the cards deliver now, esp. in P3D which does use the GPU to a greater extent.

As for Inspector.. I don't use it with P3D myself.

Archived