P3Dv3 Vector 1.30 problem

JoHubb

I don't know what has gone awry here. I did a fresh Global Vector 1.30 download from my FSS account so I have the full install.

The config was run and autoconfiguration applied.

P3Dv3 was selected from FTX Central 2, and Global setting applied.

The latest library files were run last.

The scenery library seems correctly set up but a few areas are greyed out for some reason including FTX Vector AEC near the bottom.

I'd be grateful for advice.

411829128.jpg

411829129.jpg

411829130.jpg

Sadly, this didn't fix it. I thought it might because the terrain.cfg in the main folder was 349 KB and the one in the scripts backup is 160 KB.

It looks like I'll have to uninstall the entire sim and start again. I'll not bother with the Vector tool for a while though.

Perhaps there's some residual from an earlier install of P3D 2.5. The sim is on its own SDD so will re-format just to be sure.

Regards,

John

Sorry but your scenery library does not look correct to me based on the structure advised in the FTX definitive guide.

1.3rd party scenery

2 Ozx scenery if you have it

3 FTX full fat regions & airports

4Tongass if you have it

5FTX OpenLC

6 Named default scenery

7 Addon mesh

8 Vector, OBJ,APT,CVX,EXX

9 Numbered default scenery

10 Vector AEC

11 default Scenery

12 default terrain.

You have the Vector entries above the named scenery. They should be just below Africa and above 1107.

AEC is supposed to be grayed out. Move your vector position to where it should be, and see what happens. If the grayed out areas still appear gray,but the sim is working fine (including vector and the AEC I would not worry about it if it is not affecting your sim.

I will have a look at my Scenery library for any gray areas and let you know if I have the same.

Sorry but your scenery library does not look correct to me based on the structure advised in the FTX definitive guide.

1.3rd party scenery

2 Ozx scenery if you have it

3 FTX full fat regions & airports

4Tongass if you have it

5FTX OpenLC

6 Named default scenery

7 Addon mesh

8 Vector, OBJ,APT,CVX,EXX

9 Numbered default scenery

10 Vector AEC

11 default Scenery

12 default terrain.

You have the Vector entries above the named scenery. They should be just below Africa and above 1107.

AEC is supposed to be grayed out. Move your vector position to where it should be, and see what happens. If the grayed out areas still appear gray,but the sim is working fine (including vector and the AEC I would not worry about it if it is not affecting your sim.

I will have a look at my Scenery library for any gray areas and let you know if I have the same.

Hm, thanks but I think there is something else badly wrong.

I uninstalled everything from the dedicated SSD. I then deleted the Lockheed Martin\P3D folders on the C: drive as per the Lockheed Martin P3D FAQ page.  I then reformatted the SSD and re-installed P3Dv3 - successful install, no errors.  I ran the sim without any ORBX installs.

The result?  Same as my original post - diamond shaped wedges everywhere. Not just one airport - every location I've gone to.

My first thought now is graphics card but FSX is running perfectly.

I realise we are off topic now on this forum but before I head off elsewhere, if anyone has any suggestions as to the cause, I am all ears! 

John

It was a display driver problem. I am now running 358.50 on GTX770 and the diamonds have fled.

I should have checked this possibility earlier but the fact that everything else was running perfectly had me fooled.

Thanks to all posters on this thread for your interest and advice.

John

Archived