FTX Central Asking me for P3D Version suddenly

Hi all,

Quick question. I have installed only the P3D v3 compatible scenery into my P3D v3 installation - I only have v3 installed on my system, no FSX or any other version of P3D.

On starting FTX Central to switch regions this weekend I was asked to select which sim I wanted to use - the options being P3D v1 and P3D v3. I don't have v1 installed so selected v3 but in changing regions I didn't see any changes in the scenery.cfg file (I went in after to activate some add on airport scenery). Any ideas why it's suddenly asking me to choose which version? Also, how can I check regions are being changed correctly?

Not sure why this has suddenly started happening but keen to fix it. It wasn't happening prior to this weekend and I haven't installed anything else since installing PFJ last week - all was well then.

Many thanks

James

I reported a while back that my Central is also showing P3Dv1 as an option although I have never owned it. It is showing it as installed in the exact same place as my v3. If i click on v1 option in Central it then of course shows all my installs and settings for v3. How this is possible i have asked, but to date no reply.

It is not a big deal as I ignore it now  but a just a bug, .

Thanks for that - if it's just a bug I'll ignore it although I'm not sure that FTX Central is working correctly in terms of switching regions - my scenery.cfg doesn't seem to have many changes to it when swapping regions.

If anyone could advise on this that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

James

• 6 months later...

Same here, during the process of re-installing all my scenery, at some point FTX Central started giving me an option for P3Dv1, which I do not own.

Surely there must be a config file somewhere that stores this information?

Archived