Alaska Power Project...

FSRobert

The "Alaska Power Project" ("APP"). Dr. Thomas Menzel, Doug Linn and the team at RTMM have put together a unique new set of scenery locations and enhancements that we believe will give users many hours of enjoyment all along the Southeastern Alaska "Panhandle" region. We highlight and take an up close look at some of these power plants.

RTMM depends on ORBX SAK (for the Juneau area) and PFJ (for the Ketchikan area) both of these are recommended for successfully viewing this project.

>https://vimeo.com/143418607                <---------- Click on vimeo

More infomation found here: http://return.mistymoorings.com/alaska_power_project/index.php

We hope folks take advantage of the FREE download for the (APP) project. We had a great time building it. Most of RTMM is a "single ORBX location" made a little more beautiful and realistic. But this project was different. Because of the physics of a hydro plant,  each "location" is actually two locations ... the upper reservoir and the lower plant and outfall. Sometimes the ORBX terrain isn't kind to the placement of these because the water might be running uphill (and of course it must always flow downhill). So building these was not just object placement ... we had to do quite a bit of work with the terrain to make them "physically" work.  All of them are real (actually operating) or are proposed (we show those as under construction). For helicopters, this scenery location group is amazing. Lots of elevation differences and 2-3 and even 4 pads at some locations all at different levels. It cause a dilemma for float planes. All have landing zones, but you cannot "explore" all the amazing things added. So for the float planes, we have a special "slew tour" option. You land at the dock, then go into slew and follow the suggestions so you can "tour" the facility. When you are done, you put in the ICAO code (using Go To Airport) for that plant and the location where you started slewing (all listed for you), and you are right back where you were so you can continue your journey. And landing a float plane on the reservoirs can be tricky. Many are angled and many are "short". Flying "off" a reservoir and feeling the land drop off below you is a real thrill. But all of the reservoirs are nestled into the beautiful ORBX scenery ... once you are safely at the "upper dock" ... each is a great place to just stop and enjoy.

Robert was kind enough to make us a great "trailer video" for letting people know about the new download from RTMM. I embedded it on the top of the "Alaska Power Project" web page. It depicts very well some of the amazing sights you will see with APP.  We had to make some new objects (there is a new little library to download) which makes the construction sites come "alive." About half of this project was done by our newest RTMM team member, Dr. Thomas Menzel ... you will see immediately why we are so proud to have him on the team.

RTMM APP Site: http://return.mistymoorings.com/alaska_power_project/index.php

Come and visit, drop us a line on the RTMM forum: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/

All are welcome.

Doug/RTMM

I'm always watching your vids!

This is yet another.

Great promo-vid!

Voyager

iPhone-Tapatalk

Awesome words here...cheers to FS videos, its all about having fun!

To all of you taking the time to comment; a heart warm thanks from me :)

Great Job on another one Robert and Doug.  I think that will be one of our next Adventures at Alaska Adventures. www.flyaka.com   If there is any doubt, the video is great.  And I am watching the release forum for SAK, with that we are almost there.  Once ORBX get all of the Alaska and PNW airports into P3Dv3, I won't need anything else. 

Henry

Archived