FTX Norway Traffic

Jon Clarke

I was at Bardufoss (ENDU) when ATC  call from ORBIT airlines appeared. I used AI FlightPlanner to open the  Norway flight plans Traffic_ORBX_NOR_Pass_FSX.bgl. I see that the aircraft listed for ENDU are American Pacific and ORBIT !

There are definitely some Norwegian Air( or similar name) planes there but i think they are from MT6.

The strange thing is that I have the default trafficAircraft.bgl set as "passive" so it should not be operational nor active.

So my question is what aircraft are in the Norway traffic files for Airlines, GA & Military. Normally when FTX includes Traffic, it also supplies the aircraft as in NA and AUS traffic files.

I can probably rectify the situation by deleting the default trafficAircraft bgl completely, and possibly substituting the planes with MT6 aircraft.

I now see that all the flight plans involve American Pacific and ORBIT from all Norwegian airports, when I look at the Timetables.

Hi there,

from "FTX EU NOR SP1 User Guide.pdf"

• optional AI airplane traffic (GA, passenger, and military), which can be activated in the FTX Norway control

panel. Please note that these are “generic†flightplan files only without any specific repaints or

registrations, meant to add more AI traffic to Norway than is active by default. The passenger and military

flights call default AI aircraft. The GA flightplans require an installation of our freeware North American AI

traffic pack, available at https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/ai

Only our stand-alone AI traffic files include aircraft models and repaints. We realize that most users probably use third-party traffic add-ons, which is why the flightplan bgl files that come with NOR SP1 are deactivated by default.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger. i get it now. i was confused because I have segregated most default P3D planes into a separate folder called Hanger, they are the ones I will never use, and had removed the in built trafficAircraft.bgl . I had left in the simobjects folder a couple though, one of which was the CRJ 700. It was that plane and callsign that I saw moving. I have now removed the Passenger & military flights bgl, but will keep the GA flights bgl as i have the NA traffic pack.

Archived