terrain looks like a jigsaw puzzle

SRA

I have a clean install of FSX : SE and have installed Global, Vector, Trees, and NA/Canada OLC.  At Whitehorse airport the terrain and surrounding area looks like a picasso of mixed tiles and images.  I also have Tongass and FreeMeshX installed at a lower priority than OLC and FTX.

A bit more detail or preferably a pic of the actual problem you are seeing would help. First thought did you install the latest orbxlibs after installing the mentioned addons? Second, did you run the Vector AEC tool after you finished the installs? Third, what is your Library Insertion point for FTX and NA OLC?

The above info may help others to resolve your issue.

I couldn't figure out a way to upload a pic.  Yep, current Lib, the most recent installers and patches for the rest.  I just tried the AEC tool (that was a new one for me, I wasn't aware of it).  My libs are stacked as follows.

FTX

OLC

Tongass

FreeMeshX

I only have one Group (Global) but I did select 'Active' again just to make sure.  I'll also check it out in some other geographic areas and see how things look for comparison.  if this looks correct maybe I'll just install my NA's and see if everything looks good.  I didn't want to keep adding stuff if I have a problem.

Hi there,

if the issue is localized then it could also be a third-party landclass file active at higher display priority, possibly as part of an airport add-on.

Representative screenshots, with coordinates blended in (Shift-Z) would be helpful; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger,  I installed a couple of my FTX Addons SAK and PFJ and the problem(s) around Ketchikan seemed to be pretty much resolved but now up in Kodiak at KDK I have houses and trees on the airport.  The only non-FSX scenery addons I'm using are Tongass and FreeMeshX.  No airports or anything else.  I've tried using Global only active, Global Hybrid active, and NA active.  Same result, urban sprawl across the airport and a tree in the middle of the runway.   This was a clean install on a new PC so there shouldn't be any legacy issues, I'm trying to limit my addons to the ones a use the most and keep this system clean.  Not too surprisingly I'm really only using the ORBX products so I would like to figure out what's causing some of these issues.  I appreciate the help and love the products.

Archived