Reinstall or update

vgbaron

I guess this could apply to P3D2 and 3 but I'm mainly asking about v3.

After my initial install of p3d3 I took an image of the core folders. I do not have OpenLC, Global or Vector installed yet. I have a few airports and manually copied PNW.

As I am still playing around with my install I plan on restoring the image to the core folders.

Should I uninstall the orbx products prior to this and reinstall  OR can I just restore the image and let FTX Central sort it out?

Thanx!

Vic

I am still confused. In your announcement that Global now has a P3Dv3 installer, you advised  "FTX Global has advanced to version 1.40 and the only changes are a new user guide and installer behaviour. If you do not wish to download the full installer you may use FTX Central to update two small files for you to remove the update message."

I have no Central for P3D3, so I assume you mean that we can just install the latest P3Dv2 version into P3Dv3. But the current installer does not have a selection for P3Dv3 and does not offer the option to select a different install folder. It looks as if you have to download install the multi gigabyte new verison with the Quadruple Installer??

Thanks for your help

I am still confused. In your announcement that Global now has a P3Dv3 installer, you advised  "FTX Global has advanced to version 1.40 and the only changes are a new user guide and installer behaviour. If you do not wish to download the full installer you may use FTX Central to update two small files for you to remove the update message."

I have no Central for P3D3, so I assume you mean that we can just install the latest P3Dv2 version into P3Dv3. But the current installer does not have a selection for P3Dv3 and does not offer the option to select a different install folder. It looks as if you have to download install the multi gigabyte new verison with the Quadruple Installer??

Thanks for your help

Yes, you need to download the multi installer for v3. You can't install the v2 version into v3. The remark about the two files and Central was only for those who don't need this new installer (everyone who didn't get v3) and want to get rid of the message in Central.

Yes, you need to download the multi installer for v3. You can't install the v2 version into v3. The remark about the two files and Central was only for those who don't need this new installer (everyone who didn't get v3) and want to get rid of the message in Central.

Still confused..

if there is no changes to the actual software, instead of having to download giga after giga, can one not just install any current backed up packages using the Estonia Migration Tool??

Peter

Still confused..

if there is no changes to the actual software, instead of having to download giga after giga, can one not just install any current backed up packages using the Estonia Migration Tool??

Peter

Not if you want support when something goes wrong... Any future updates from Orbx probably also won't work. If you want to get things done properly you simply have to download the entire new multi installer. That's just how it is.

Not if you want support when something goes wrong... Any future updates from Orbx probably also won't work. If you want to get things done properly you simply have to download the entire new multi installer. That's just how it is.

Aha,

well then I can forget about ever getting the Europe Land Class installed as I simply dont have enough space on my C drive to get the entire package, worked when it was split into 4.

you can install p3d V3 on different empty disk, because they run beside eachother , have 2.5 on drive C and 3.0  on drive D , downloads can made on external usb drive packed out there en install from this drive, so it has no inpact

on drive in your pc.

you can install p3d V3 on different empty disk, because they run beside eachother , have 2.5 on drive C and 3.0  on drive D , downloads can made on external usb drive packed out there en install from this drive, so it has no inpact

on drive in your pc.

You still need the space on the C drive because the installer unwraps everything there. If the zips don't fit on his C drive the unwrapped files certainly won't. Of course you could move the Temp folder to another drive but this may get too complicated for a regular user.

Archived