Now this is weird....

birdguy

Ever since installing KEKA I get this the first time I start up FSX after turning on my computer.

Image_151012_111327.jpg

After exiting and restarting FSX I get a normal startup.

Image_151012_112456.jpg

I'm using a non-standard startup procedure I've been using for years, since way back in the FS9 days,  since I only use a single aircraft and don't want to be bothered with the FSX startup screen.

I have a saved startup flight in documents\Flight SimulatorX folder and a shortcut for it on the desktop.

Image_151012_112519.jpg

Noel

try deleting your shader folders... FSX will rebuild them when it finds them "missing".

(for me, there are two folders found here: C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX ...just delete anything you find in there, but of course, use your own user name ;) )

Hello Rob. I am currently experiencing this problem as well but it doesn't happen after startup. It happens to me after using time acceleration higher than x4 and then when i put the time acceleration back to normal speed i get that or just a black screen. So i am wondering if that solution will work for me too or should i even try that because i don't know what to do and i don't want to cause any irreversible damage or re-install. I don't want to re-post my problem on this thread as i have started one for it already with full disclosure of my add-ons and system specs as well as a detailed description as to what i am experiencing and it is titled...My screen is blacked out but my sim is still running... If you can find the time please check it out and give me some insight please and thank you

Hello Rob. I am currently experiencing this problem as well but it doesn't happen after startup. It happens to me after using time acceleration higher than x4 and then when i put the time acceleration back to normal speed i get that or just a black screen. So i am wondering if that solution will work for me too or should i even try that because i don't know what to do and i don't want to cause any irreversible damage or re-install. I don't want to re-post my problem on this thread as i have started one for it already with full disclosure of my add-ons and system specs as well as a detailed description as to what i am experiencing and it is titled...My screen is blacked out but my sim is still running... If you can find the time please check it out and give me some insight please and thank you

The shader deletion is a good place to start to troubleshoot odd graphical issues. I have, on numerous ocasions had black skies, and allowing the sim to rebuild the shades (delete the current ones) seems to work. I assume that somewhere along the line, a file in the shades folder gets corrupted and needs fixing.

It's safe to do, as the sim simply creates a new set if they are missing.

Another option would be to delete your current FSX.cfg file... but be sure to make a backup first! Like the shaders, if the sim does not detect an FSX.cfg file at startup, it simply creates a new one.

Thank you for your time and insight I did delete the shader files and I'm currently running tests with this solution and others that were given to me on the other thread by flying GA default aircraft and going in and out of time acceleration. If the problem persists I will also try deleting the FSX.CFG after I make a backup file of course. Thank you very much i will keep you posted on the "my screen is blacked out but my sim is still running" thread.

I deleted the FSG.CFG folder and let the sim rebuild it. Still have the problem. It only occurs on the first FSX startup after turning on my computer. Everything is normal after that.

Where are these shader files you are talking about? All I found was a folder named ShadersHLSL. I backed it up and the deleted it. When I started FSX all I got was a black screen. I went back and there was no rebuilt ShaderHLSL folder so I resored the back up.

Noel

I deleted the FSG.CFG folder and let the sim rebuild it. Still have the problem. It only occurs on the first FSX startup after turning on my computer. Everything is normal after that.

Where are these shader files you are talking about?

Noel

While you need to delete the shaders folders completely, you don't need to delete the entire folder containing the FSX.cfg... just the file.

Hello Noel,

There is a folder in the main FSX folder named Shaders HLSL.

Put simply, this contains the instructions for FSX to create the

shaders and should NOT be touched.

The shaders folders that are re-created are to be found at

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

You will see one named Shaders, this is for Direct X 9.

You may or may not see another, named Shaders 10,

which is for Direct X 10.

You can safely delete these folders.

If missing, they are re-created when FSX starts.

Thanks Nick, I found them. I kept looking in...roaming/Microsoft/fsx. I didn't know there were fsx folders elsewhere. How much more of FSX is scattered elsewhere on the system?

Anyway, that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks again.

And I'm sorry Rob. You gave me the same information but I just assumed you meant ROAMING instead of LOCAL. I'll have to read the instructions I get from you guys much more carefully from now on.

Noel

Archived