Error installing FST Gobal into STEAM

Hello

I am having problems installing FST GLOBAL into FSX STEAM

I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and only FS STEAM installed

After unzipping GLOBAL into a new folder (OrbxFTXGlobalBase130) I ran the application "As Administrator"

Inserted my Order Number and Registration code

The installation prompts me to select folders FSX or P3D (No option for STEAM is this correct?)

I select FSX

When Installation starts a message comes up "cannot create \Effects"

I select RETRY and the installation says "finished"  but nothing has been installed

Help and guidance please

P.S  previous I had Ultimate Terrain installed. I did not like it, I had problems to uninstall it so I re-installed STEAM

Clive Alexander

I thought I had uninstalled the previous Ultimate Terrain files from the computer I also uninstalled FSX STEAM but when I have  re-installed STEAM  the Ultimate Terrain entries are still in the scenery library.  (would this have anything to do with not been able to install GLOBAL correctly?)

I have deleted FSX config and also ran the FSX registry repair tool but still cannot install GLOBAL

Hello Clive,

I expect that your registry entry for FSX Steam is missing or corrupt.

Please go to this page and download the FSX Registry Utility.

You can use the GetPath function to check what the registry entry is.

Then use the SetPath function to navigate to the correct location.

Tick the Add to Current User Key box and then Set FSX Path.

Thank you...all resolved

I assume the FSX registry file was corrupted when I was trying to remove Ultimate Terrain files (very difficult)

Although I have removed Ultimate Terrain and also re-installed FSX STEAM in an attempt to solve my previous problem I notice that the Scenery headers are still listed in the Scenery library.  I have tried to delete these headers but without success.

Would I be correct in saying that I use the FSX Scenery Config ToolBox utility  to remove these entries?

Archived