PAJN Problem

GrayRider

I'm currently having some issues with this field. I'm having what appears to be elevation issues and AI Traffic parking issues

The elevation issue seems to be all along the far water edge of where all the float planes are from one end to the other?. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, and what I have to do to correct it. I don't have any third party addons anywhere around PAJN. My orbx library is up to date.

I'm adding screenshots of both issues, including the AI plane parking issues.

Thanks for any assistance.

GrayRider

screenshot3778.jpg

screenshot3777.jpg

screenshot3772.jpg

screenshot3775.jpg

screenshot3771.jpg

screenshot3776.jpg

screenshot3774.jpg

screenshot3773.jpg

Hi, there!  As best as I can recall, those funny pit-like features on the water-side of the runway have been noted, discussed and pretty much left alone as a non-issue.  The aircraft parking issue is something else again, and this is the first time I've seen that problem, so somebody else will have to contribute their advice.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Stew

Ed.

The third party AI traffic payware package I use is Traffic360. Maybe the orbx PAJN afcad needs/can to be modified to allow/add parking spots for commercial traffic. I myself don't have any experience modifying airfield afcads  to create parking spots for larger planes.

Dexthom.

As far as a conflicting airport file.  I wouldn't know what to look for and where to find it, if I'm having a file issue with the ORBX PAJN.

GrayRider

Third party AI traffic programs install their own afcad files and they are designed for default. Our afcad files have parking spots so AI can use the airport without issues.

If you do a search for PAJN in your sim's folders and any found in your Traffic360 folder need to be removed/deleted or its extension renamed to something like "off" to deactivate.

If you find similar issues at other payware airports, they same process can be applied.

Ed.

I did go into my Traffic360 AirportFacilities Scenery Folder. I did find one BGL file called AFX_PAJN. Should I delete the AFX_PAJN file or deactivate the file with an "off" extension?.

You mention to check my sim folders. Which particular sim folders are you referring to in my FSX, and what should I be looking for?.

GrayRider

Ed.

I did remove the AFX_PAJN BGL file that was in my Traffic360 AirportFacilities Scenery folder. I started up my sim and went back to PAJN. Removing tie file whipped out all my Traffic360 AI traffic that was there, as seen in my screenshots.

This situation seems odd, because I've been using Just Flights Traffic X AI for a couple of years. Than I upgraded to Just Flights Traffic360 package, which is an updated version for there Traffic X.

Like with Traffic X. I've never had a traffic parking issue at any of my ORBX addon fields including PAJN?.

In the meantime I went back into my main FSX folder, and did a search for PAJN. What comes up is all related to the ORBX and SAK addon's. No AF2_PAJN or AFX_PAJN showed up on this search.

I don't have any third party payware or freeware PAJN products added. I usually run my FSX traffic slider at 80% when I'm flying, so I have a lot of traffic etc.

For now. I'll be scratching my head on this problem.

GrayRider

Nothing to scratch your head about. PAJN see's 3 maybe 4 Alaska B737's on the ground at any one time, your screen shows 11, not including the static included in the scenery. My Traffic and Traffic 360 is designed to fill your skies with random AI, not to represent real traffic levels. MyTraffic and Traffic 360 will also add it's own generic airport files for MANY default airports worldwide that will conflict or create issues with other airports that you have scenery for (ORBX regions and Airports of course included). They can and often do create very odd AI parking issues, as well as overall scenery problems.

Archived