Triple Installers

jmorvay1971

At my last count (which is certainly not official), 100% of the Europe airports have triple installers, 81% of the Australian airports have triple installers and 73% of the North American airports have triple installers so ORBX is really over the hump on this and, I think, a few more are in beta right now.  More to go but they are getting there and all at no extra cost to us.   There have been a number of statements from ORBX that they certainly want to have triple installers for all of the Airports (at least the payware ones) as soon as they can. 

Rod

And here's a quote from Tim Harris at: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102933-bought-products-that-only-work-with-prepar3d-10-and-i-own-prepar3d-25/?p=929518

Hi Adam,

Turbulent designs have been contracted to port over all remaining 'orphaned' airports (airports made by developers who have since moved on)

As for timing I have no idea, bigger airports like YBBN will probably require some extra work.

At my last count (which is certainly not official), 100% of the Europe airports have triple installers, 81% of the Australian airports have triple installers and 73% of the North American airports have triple installers so ORBX is really over the hump on this and, I think, a few more are in beta right now.  More to go but they are getting there and all at no extra cost to us.   There have been a number of statements from ORBX that they certainly want to have triple installers for all of the Airports (at least the payware ones) as soon as they can. 

Rod

I must be the unfortunate one that has airports that haven't been done yet.  I have been going to FSS and downloading the latest and greatest installs, thinking those may have the P3D v2.5 installers in them but alas, I will have to wait a little longer.

-Jim

I must be the unfortunate one that has airports that haven't been done yet.  I have been going to FSS and downloading the latest and greatest installs, thinking those may have the P3D v2.5 installers in them but alas, I will have to wait a little longer.

-Jim

Jim, you can go to https://www.fullterrain.com/sim/P3Dv2 for the latest list of airports that have P3D v2 installers.

Yep, check on that, but Warnervale (YWVA), while it state is compatible with P3D v2, the installer from FSS does not work. :(  I think have come across that on another aiprort that I'll have to double check.

-Jim

If I counted correctly, eleven AU airports and two NA airports have separate, dedicated installers for each of FSX/P3Dv1 and P3Dv2.  Need to download the dedicated P3Dv2 installer from FSS for those airports.  On the FSS download page for each such airport, look at the bottom for the "Prepar3D V2" installer.

P3Dv2 support was delivered for those airports as single installers, before Orbx introduced the triple-installer method.

Affected AU airports: YBUD, YCDR, YCNK, YHBA, YMAV, YMEN, YMMB, YPEC, YPMQ, YSCH, and YWVA

Affected NA airports: 77S and W16

If I counted correctly, eleven AU airports and two NA airports have separate, dedicated installers for each of FSX/P3Dv1 and P3Dv2.  Need to download the dedicated P3Dv2 installer from FSS for those airports.  On the FSS download page for each such airport, look at the bottom for the "Prepar3D V2" installer.

P3Dv2 support was delivered for those airports as single installers, before Orbx introduced the triple-installer method.

Affected AU airports: YBUD, YCDR, YCNK, YHBA, YMAV, YMEN, YMMB, YPEC, YPMQ, YSCH, and YWVA

Well &%$@#! There it was all along.  This is what happens when you go from FSX to P3D...always looking in the same spot, not realizing something changed.  Got Warnervale P3D v2 download now, thanks.   I'll have to tally up the "missing" airports this evening and grab the rest.

Thanks Dude,

-Jim

Not sure about the Aussie airports but, to the best of my knowledge,  77S and W16 are not yet P3Dv2 compatible.

Rod

Please correct me if I'm wrong but YBBN has yet to have a triple installer? I went to my FSS account last night, realizing that I had yet to get YBBN so I went to it's page and it only showed P3D v1 anf FSX. :(  I wound up buying YMML instead, which DOES have P3D v2 capability.

-Jim

Not sure about the Aussie airports but, to the best of my knowledge,  77S and W16 are not yet P3Dv2 compatible.

Rod

You're right Rod. Turns out that 77S and W16 have separate, single/dedicated installers for each of FSX and P3Dv1. No P3Dv2 installers. Thanks for correcting me.

I rechecked the eleven AU airports (which I have), they all have P3Dv2 single-installer zips with the name of "OrbxFTXAU*P3D2.zip". And all those AU airports are indeed listed at https://fullterrain.com/sim/p3dv2 .

Please correct me if I'm wrong but YBBN has yet to have a triple installer? I went to my FSS account last night, realizing that I had yet to get YBBN so I went to it's page and it only showed P3D v1 anf FSX. :(  I wound up buying YMML instead, which DOES have P3D v2 capability.

-Jim

Correct, YBBN (Brisbane) doesn't yet have P3Dv2 support. In fact, Tim Harris mentioned Brisbane in his post here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102933-bought-products-that-only-work-with-prepar3d-10-and-i-own-prepar3d-25/?p=929518

Archived