Just installed FTX Vector and wow !

Mikelab6

Hi all,

As a gift from ORBX (August screenshot contest), I've just intalled Vector, and I can tell you I am impressed of all the details and the look "as real as" it brings to my sim. Just wow !

Few months ago, I was not sure about installing Vector on my rig. My actual PC is not so powerful and I was wondering if installing Vector will kill my computer, but it's not the case, Vector is running very well and my scenery now looks spectacular in Quebec Canada. I can now see small lakes and rivers around my town as it's supposed to be and also double lanes highways, secondary roads, railways etc etc...Wow !

I am not running any addon mesh right now (will be in few weeks on my new rig) and the result is very good as I am flying in Canada and USA and default mesh is not so bad. I can see some minor problems as result of my default mesh, but not a show stopper. The improvement Vector done on my sim is what I was looking for, I am am very happy to have it installed.

If you are on the fence about installing Vector and you are also flying outside ORBX regions, go grab it, you won't regret it.

Thank you ORBX for your great products !

I dont see any real difference with Vector. Sure the waterways and stuff show up fine, but after three instalations from scratch; still not seen a single train, road tunnels seem to be missing at Schipol and its generally a bit whacky (EHAM). Generally speaking I havent seen anything that shows me what I paid for other than a few bridges.

On my side, the difference is huge.  If you know well the location you are flying, you will see the difference.  The big plus is also the improvement of lakeshores and edges of lands. No more straight lines.  I am running Vector with OLC-Canada and the combination of the two is a game changing for me at location I am flying.  Before Vector been installed, it was difficult to locate my native town because of small rivers, lakes and roads missing all around, now it's very easy to locate it. Sure is not as ORBX full regions,but don't forget it's a world wide solution and this is what makes it awesome...

I dont see any real difference with Vector. Sure the waterways and stuff show up fine, but after three instalations from scratch; still not seen a single train, road tunnels seem to be missing at Schipol and its generally a bit whacky (EHAM). Generally speaking I havent seen anything that shows me what I paid for other than a few bridges.

You expected to see a train just because you installed Vector??  How do you figure that?

Stew

Stewart I am not sure about that. I just installed this Friday. I would say yes and copy and replace.

Thanks,  I'm downloading the additional files now.  There were 4 I didn't have already.  So we'll see how it goes.  I didn't see anything in that thread at avsim about the issue, so you're probably correct.

Stew

Here are my screen shots to compare FTX parts.. enjoy !  All in FSX boxed, DX10, with Steve fixer...  After viewing this, you will understand the difference...

CYSC is at bottom right of the first set of shots (airport runway is out of view)

FTX1b.jpg

FTX2.jpg

FTX4.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived