Updating an airport, running ORBXlibs after update

This is interesting. As I have understood it´s no longer needed to run the ORBXLibs after updating/installing an ORBX aiport, it´s done by/via FTXCentral

Today I downloaded and installed PAGS with the triple installer. After installing i started FTXCentral and could see that I didn´t need to update any of my installed airports. Just to be sure, I closed Central an run the latest ORBXLibs and... could clarly see libs "seeking" and updating several files. So obviously they needed to be updated. So in the future i will ALLWAYS run the ORBXLIbs after instlling/updating a scenery, to be sure that everything is done correctly.

My recommendation is, download the latest ORBXLibs and ALLWAYS run it after a new installation/update.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hi Jack,

What you are seeing is correct. The "seeking" bit is when the installer detects a file that is same and it ignores it.

Now, the thing with the Orbxlibs installer, it rebuilds the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery every time, so you would see those files being installed because the directory has been cleaned out. This is done to remove any old bgl files.

Archived