Texture Problems !

mikee

Hi Guy's!  I need your help in solving some Texture problems I have , for my Prepared3dv2.5  Broome , Cybd  and Pakt Airport's and maybe more , I haven't check them all yet :-[

Here are some shots from today's flight at Broome :

2015-8-31_9-47-7-354.jpg

2015-8-31_9-47-17-716.jpg

2015-8-31_9-46-59-388.jpg

2015-8-31_9-45-55-964.jpg

2015-8-31_9-46-4-64.jpg

I have post a similar thread into Prepared3dV2 Support forum but unfortunately I have Not be able to Solve the Problem .

Any help will be much appreciated .

Thank you very much ,  Mike .

Hi there,

I still think some problem with the graphics card driver or you shader files is the most likely culprit causing the odd "z-fighting" (confusion within the display engine which texture panel should be displayed as closest to the viewer). If it was an issue with the add-ons themselves then everyone would see it.

Here's another thought though: have you used any automatic texture converters or manual conversion processes on your add-ons?

Cheers, Holger 

Hi there,

I still think some problem with the graphics card driver or you shader files is the most likely culprit causing the odd "z-fighting" (confusion within the display engine which texture panel should be displayed as closest to the viewer). If it was an issue with the add-ons themselves then everyone would see it.

Here's another thought though: have you used any automatic texture converters or manual conversion processes on your add-ons?

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger , and thank you very much for your Reply ! I haven't use any of the above that you mentioned !  This happened or I think that happened after I installed and updated my NVidia Driver to the latest Version  (355.82) or most probably , the version before that !

I tried to Revert back to a previous Version , the One that I was Sure that everything was Ok ! But unfortunately nothing happened .  I have no Idea what caused the Problem .

Thanks ,

Mike

Mikee...for what it's worth and after the fact...I only DL the latest Nvidia driver if it specifically pertains to something I've got. Most of those updates are for specific games. You don't need them unless you have that particular game. You don't need to DL every update unless it pertains to you. Otherwise, leave well enough alone. 

Hi Holger , and thank you very much for your Reply ! I haven't use any of the above that you mentioned !  This happened or I think that happened after I installed and updated my NVidia Driver to the latest Version  (355.82) or most probably , the version before that !

I tried to Revert back to a previous Version , the One that I was Sure that everything was Ok ! But unfortunately nothing happened .  I have no Idea what caused the Problem .

Thanks ,

Mike

As you know I'm with Holger thinking that it is a problem with your graphic card as you already let P3D  recontruct the shader folder. When you reinstalled  an older version of the Nvidia driver did you purge the existing newer driver out of the machine first (with  the awful VGA screen in between) or just reinstalled the older version on top ?

Also have you overclocked your GC ?

As you know I'm with Holger thinking that it is a problem with your graphic card as you already let P3D  recontruct the shader folder. When you reinstalled  an older version of the Nvidia driver did you purge the existing newer driver out of the machine first (with  the awful VGA screen in between) or just reinstalled the older version on top ?

Also have you overclocked your GC ?

Mikee...for what it's worth and after the fact...I only DL the latest Nvidia driver if it specifically pertains to something I've got. Most of those updates are for specific games. You don't need them unless you have that particular game. You don't need to DL every update unless it pertains to you. Otherwise, leave well enough alone. 

Anti-ailising mode's at fault imo. Seen that kinda thing before in other games when AA is resolving layers back to front for performance.

Check gpu driver settings.

Hi there,

Cheers, Holger 

Hello and Thank you all for your help and assistance ! I am doing a Complete Prepared3DV2.5 (With all ORBX Regions and Airport's) Reinstallation :-[ Hopefully this will fix my problem plus some other problems.

I will let you know as soon as i finish my Installation .

Mike

I suggest trying something very basic and either rename or delete the P3D.cfg just in case that has been corrupted. just in case you can't find the .cfg file, it's at C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg. P3D will automatically rebuild a new file when it starts. At least then you know you're starting of with a clean config file to troubleshoot your problem.

I suggest trying something very basic and either rename or delete the P3D.cfg just in case that has been corrupted. just in case you can't find the .cfg file, it's at C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg. P3D will automatically rebuild a new file when it starts. At least then you know you're starting of with a clean config file to troubleshoot your problem.

Thank you very much Kev for the Tip !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys !  Just did a Fresh Prepared3DV2.5 Installation !  Everything is Working Perfect now ::)  ( I have No Idea What Caused the Problem ... Maybe a Non Orbx Or Non Prepared3D Compatible Scenery 8)  )

Thank you all for your help and assistance I appreciated It .

Mike

Hi there,

actually, he already did but we can't figure out what the issue is, which is why he hopes that user users might be able to provide suggestions. 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101362-pakt-cybd-texture-problems/

Cheers, Holger

Anti-ailising mode's at fault imo. Seen that kinda thing before in other games when AA is resolving layers back to front for performance.

Check gpu driver settings.

Hello ! Just to let you know that the Texture Problem that i encountered was Caused By Installing The VRS FA/18 Superbug and TacPack Products !!! 

By Unistalling Both Of them Everything is Working Perfect Now !!! ::)

Mike

• 7 months later...
On 9/30/2015 at 2:38 AM, mikee said:

Hello ! Just to let you know that the Texture Problem that i encountered was Caused By Installing The VRS FA/18 Superbug and TacPack Products !!! 

By Unistalling Both Of them Everything is Working Perfect Now !!! :rolleyes:

Mike

Mike, I know this is an old topic but I am bumping it because for the first time tonight I seen this texture anomaly in P3Dv3.2 after purchasing and testing Bella Coola CYBD.  I too have the VRS installed and I noticed you said it was giving you issues.  Just as a solution to this so you can still use your VRS when you want is simply going into the TacPack Manager and there is an option to allow the VRS.DLL to load each time you start your sim, never, or Prompt.  If you switch it to Prompt every time you start P3D it will ask you if you want to run the VRS.DLL, if you are not going to fly the VRS at that particular moment then say no and the DLL won't load.  This will fix the texture anomaly without you having to not install the VRS.

The reason the DLL causes this weird texture/terrain anomaly is because VRS has it's own terrain avoidance and crash detection system built into it which is more accurate than the sims could ever portray thus creating this effect we are seeing with the textures and terrain.  When you want to fly the VRS all you have to do when that prompt comes up is say yes and you will load the VRS as normal.  If you select no to the prompt understand you will not be allowed to use any TacPack products correctly until you shut the sim down and restart and selecting yes at the prompt screen.  Hope this help some out in the future.

9 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Mike, I know this is an old topic but I am bumping it because for the first time tonight I seen this texture anomaly in P3Dv3.2 after purchasing and testing Bella Coola CYBD.  I too have the VRS installed and I noticed you said it was giving you issues.  Just as a solution to this so you can still use your VRS when you want is simply going into the TacPack Manager and there is an option to allow the VRS.DLL to load each time you start your sim, never, or Prompt.  If you switch it to Prompt every time you start P3D it will ask you if you want to run the VRS.DLL, if you are not going to fly the VRS at that particular moment then say no and the DLL won't load.  This will fix the texture anomaly without you having to not install the VRS.

The reason the DLL causes this weird texture/terrain anomaly is because VRS has it's own terrain avoidance and crash detection system built into it which is more accurate than the sims could ever portray thus creating this effect we are seeing with the textures and terrain.  When you want to fly the VRS all you have to do when that prompt comes up is say yes and you will load the VRS as normal.  If you select no to the prompt understand you will not be allowed to use any TacPack products correctly until you shut the sim down and restart and selecting yes at the prompt screen.  Hope this help some out in the future.

Thank Sammy for your explanation , everything is Clear Now  !   At the moment I am not Using Tacpack and I am about to switch to Prepared3DV3 ... and I was Hopping that everything would Run Perfect there( That was Just a Hope)  .

I Appreciated your help and guidance  In case I Install Tacpack  .

Thanks again ,

Mike

31 minutes ago, mikee said:

Thank Sammy for your explanation , everything is Clear Now  !   At the moment I am not Using Tacpack and I am about to switch to Prepared3DV3 ... and I was Hopping that everything would Run Perfect there( That was Just a Hope)  .

I Appreciated your help and guidance  In case I Install Tacpack  .

Thanks again ,

Mike

No worries buddy, and glad to hear you are moving to v3.  It is nice for sure and you can install all your TacPack and SB goodies without a worry.  As I was saying just be sure in TacPack to switch it to Prompt and you won't see any issue.  If you don't make that switch so it knows to turn off the crash detection VRS comes with then you will see it.

Good luck man and hope to see some pics in v3 :)

18 hours ago, Sammy H said:

No worries buddy, and glad to hear you are moving to v3.  It is nice for sure and you can install all your TacPack and SB goodies without a worry.  As I was saying just be sure in TacPack to switch it to Prompt and you won't see any issue.  If you don't make that switch so it knows to turn off the crash detection VRS comes with then you will see it.

Good luck man and hope to see some pics in v3 :)

Thanks Sammy ! Have a Great Sunday :rolleyes:

Archived