NA LC Alaska versus UT Alaska

phmak

Hi Joop,

UT Alaska uses a different approach to placing urban areas than other products in the UTX series. As mentioned in the UT Alaska manual one cannot have other landclass products active at higher display priority or their approach won't work correctly. Thus, you either need to deactivate the UT Alaska landclass entries in your scenery library menu (I believe you can also do this via the UT control panel) or deactivate the openLC NA entries while flying in Alaska.

It may be possible to place the UT Alaska landclass entries at higher display priority than the Orbx openLC block but it may lead to local display issues due to mixed-up openLC and UTX textures. Perhaps other users have tested this and can provide feedback.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

I use UTX AK-Canada and FTX new Open LC and FTX SAK

They work excellent together (after you have tuned the products)

1. FTX Open LC AK-Canada has higher priority over UTX AK-Canada

2. FTX SAK is on top of Open LC and UTX AK-Canada

3. Some of the files in UTX need to be turned off. There is a file provided for that: Deactivation tool for UTX Alaska. Search this site.

4. Some of the airports elevation have to be disabled in UTX AK-Canada. PAHO for example.

Conclusion: FTX Open LC AK-Canada with UTX AK-Canada really enhance the rest of Alaska that is not covered with FTX SAK. (the Aleutians for example).

I even have Aerosoft Dutch harbour in there and it plays nicely if you de-activate its mesh. UTX AK-Canada covers the area with a good mesh.

Hope this helps,

Pierre

• 4 weeks later...

Archived