How Will It All Come Together

jmorvay1971

I know a good portion of us are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the ORBX OpenLC NA release, but I had a question concerning how it all will come together.

Many of us own ORBX regions for NA and have them installed as well as the plethora of NA airports so when OpenLC comes out and we start to perform the install, will we need to uninstall all of our NA content prior to installing OpenLC or will there be some intelligent installation process that tells OpenLC to be placed at a certain insertion point in our scenery config?

Since I permanently moved to P3D, I had refrained from installing any of my NA content in anticipation of OpenLC NA, just as a precaution.  Unfortunately, I am getting anxious to fly a little around NA but not until I have some of that great ORBX scenery installed first. :)

Thanks,

-Jim

They will live side by side on your SSD/HD and each be activated when you say so. It is either OpenLC or a fat region group. I didn't uninstall Wales when I installed OpenLC EU for instance.  So do not hesitate and install all your NA stuff.  The only possible tweak (and I don't think so) would be regarding the freeware airports But there would be then a patch pushed to you by FTXC.

After I posted this, I thought about it a little more and then felt dumb asking because like Dominique stated, with regards to OpenLC EU, it won't matter the order of installation.  I realized that I too have all of the British Isles installed as well as OpenLC EU, which I believe I installed after the EU regions were installed.  I'm sure the ORBX team wouldn't put all of us through that hell of reinstalling the tons of content we have built up over the years. :)

-Jim

Jim,  If you notice how the Orbx installers install the regions, etc., it's in (rough) alphabetical order, so that everything is installed according to how the package is labeled alphabetically.  That's why we are urged *not* to change the order of the entries in the Scenery Library, that the LC entries are where they're supposed to be, the Vector entries likewise, the Full Regions and airports likewise, etc.

Stew

Archived