Stand Alone Hard Drive

dc9man

Recently due to a maxed out hard drive I decided to relocate FSX and FS9 to an external hard. When I moved those files to the new 'F' drive everything seemed to go smoothly and seemed to work better than on my over crowded 'C' drive and that included your KJAC and the Northern Rockies region. A few days ago I purchased KWYS and after the initial installation everything appeared normal at KWYS except there were no buildings, despite my best efforts to rectify the situation. I've deleted and reinstalled KWYS several times without a resolution. The latest attempt resulted in an message regarding an incorrect path which I assumed would be F/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ Orbx. Also when running the modular installer I repeatly get the message 'Object Flow_KWYS. dll not found'. Any referal to a previous answer to this would be appreciated.

Tom Helwick     Livingston, Montana KLVM

That's the problem! At least I think it is, happy to be corrected. The address registry on the OS drive will still point to the original address. So when you install an Orbx product it will use the information it gains from the original registry. You will simply have to determine the correct address when installing any product.

The FTX installers rely on the registry entry to find FSX.

If you cut and paste the FSX root folder to a new location,

you need also to amend the registry entry to match that new

location.

Fortunately there is a useful tool which will help you do this,

the FSX Registry Utility from this page.

If you look to the original location of FSX on your C drive, you

will probably find that KWYS is installed there, where FSX cannot

now see it.

Archived