AI Traffic for North America...

I have quite a few ORBX regions installed... I love them

However, Though I Installed the North America AI Traffic.... Traffic seems to be very absent.

KSFO An airport I know that is bustling with traffics- practically 24/7, Had 3 jets beside my own.

I have all AI installed with the two patches i downloaded from support but nil....

Even FSX default had more traffic.

The other airport is KSJC.

Both these airports are in North America and in Northern California which I also have...

What is up?

I have set my Airline and GA traffic up quite hi to no avail...

Thank you all for any input..

Flyboy (Will)

Hi, there!

The North America AI pack you are referring to augments mainly the Pacific Northwest and (I think) parts of Northern California.  It doesn't extend as far south as SFO.  If you try flying "up north" (FTX PNW) there will be plenty of AI traffic to meet your needs.

Stew

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as flyboy.  After downloading NA AI traffic I have no airliner traffic in KSFO, Portland or Las Vegas.  I do have GA traffic in PNW and PFJ.  I have FSX default traffic checked and have tried reloading version 1.0 and the 1.1 patch.with no change.  I get same results if NA AI traffic is turned on or off.  This is a new clean install of Windows 7 and FSX Acceleration with no addons other than A2A aircraft and ORBX scenery.  The NA AI traffic works fine where it is supposed to I just cannot get any of the default FSX trafic no matter what.   

OK, I got some of the FSX default airliner traffic back.  I had moved a lot of the default aircraft out of the aircraft folder so that the choice of what aircraft to fly would be less cluttered.  Turns out I suppose that the AI airliners come from the aircraft I had moved out of the Aircraft folder. So I moved them back into the Aircraft folder and the AI airliner traffic appeared on the ground at startup at KSFO.   I have some more clean up to do on this problem, but problem partly solved.,

A couple of questions about the availability of the Orbx AI Traffic:-

1) will it work with non stock airports that I have created for the PNW area

2) Does it work with P3d v25

I'm in BC Canada in the NRM scenery and it works very well in CYKA using FSX

Thanks for any direction in this,

Ken

oh... I'm sorry since so many are experts on what plane is flying what schedule say between Van and Vic and Abottsford and other airports when up in the air as to say - oh wait thats the 3:55pm from CYVR to Calgary...as if that makes a difference ---- as opposed to oh...hey there's some "life" up in the air..... perhaps I'll redact... the OP never said hey I want the latest most up to date schedules with proper livery on all planes with no deviation whatsever.....

The fact of the matter is, and I am sure it will receive some treatment in the near future..... and can be updated by the user.... it works, adds life and was merely a contribution to the topic....sorry if I went off on a rant; I just get so tired of naysayers ....there are so many who have contributed, continue to contribute that all the takers and whiners are starting to piss me off.....

Yikes, lighten up a bit. The package mentioned was released when FSX was still in it's infancy. I was merely pointing out to those that might not have noticed that it's quite dated side when it comes to FS addons. Don has done some incredibly amazing work, and saying that it's old doesn't take away anything from that. His airport scenery addons are fantastic and often include AI for those that are interested and of course he also is the creator of AIFP which is an awesome piece of work in it's own regard.

Thanks for the ideas but I'm really interested to learn if the current AI from Orbx will find its way to a new non stock airport I've written and maybe the answer will become evident when I put it into service.

I believe the p3d works OK but again, I"ll find out by using it.

Best,

Ken

Archived