Triple Installers and FSX

bluestar

I have PAKT that I bought from PC Aviator and run it on FSX.  When the latest update for PAKT was released, I went to FTX Central 2 to update.  I receive the message "This update can only be obtained from your FlightSim Store (FSS) account."  I have a FSS account, but as mentioned above PAKT was purchased from a 3rd party vendor, so there is no update available for me.

It was my understanding that updates for FSX user who purchased from third party vendors would always be available.  Is this no longer the case? 

I realize this is a very minor update so the update will not effect the use of PAKT. 

I have read that. 

I am referring to the statement made by Alex in post #50 in the above mentioned thread.

"There will be no cut off of support for any DVD products. You will continue to receive support and free patches same as before."

I'm just trying to find out if there has been a policy change.

Are you perhaps confusing patch (service pack) and update?

"Patches" , if produced, are still available as ever from the

support site.

However, a complete new version of the installer can only

be downloaded from the FSS*.

As I understand it, the cross grade offer is there for those in

your position who wish to avail themselves of the latest version

and it can be delivered on a DVD if a download isn't possible*.

I believe that in this case, the new installer is only so that the

product can be installed into P3Dv2.

Are you perhaps confusing patch (service pack) and update?

"Patches" , if produced, are still available as ever from the

support site.

However, a complete new version of the installer can only

be downloaded from the FSS*.

As I understand it, the cross grade offer is there for those in

your position who wish to avail themselves of the latest version

and it can be delivered on a DVD if a download isn't possible*.

I believe that in this case, the new installer is only so that the

product can be installed into P3Dv2.

If you go over the Orbx support page an look at CRM which I only have a CD purchased from a 3rd party vendor.  To the right is a DOWNLOAD tab.  I click that tab and I am able to download the latest update for CRM.  It appears that all the sceneries that have triple installers no longer have that ability.  It was my understanding per message #50 that ability to download FSX updates  would not go away.  If ORBX is no longer going to provide the updates as in the past from the Support page then I would like to know.  Since I do not use P3D at this time I did not see any reason to do the cross license if I can continue to get the updates from the Support page.  I'm not unhappy about this, I would just like a YES or NO from Orbx so I will know how to proceed in the future.

Significant patches to fix known issues will still be supplied on the Support page for all versions.

Triple installers are new builds which primarily offer P3Dv2 compatibility and the benefits for a FSX install is very minor. Also, these triple installers are for very mature products and no active development continues on them as all known issues are resolved.

Archived