Missing buildings at KSEA

oldsheppy

Hi, this is my first post.

I have noticed that when at KSEA that the airport buidings are missing but the jetbridges and all other traffic seem to be OK. No other airport has similar problem to my knowledge. Also I don't have any other scenery for this area that could conflict.

Hope you may be able to help.

Hi oldsheppy

Download the OrbxLibs of your simulator at this link: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

Unzip to a folder and run it.

Then give feedback, please.

Cheers,

Voyager

PS: If it's of interest to you (that's a good thing) you can convert your DVD's in downloadable files and thus apply for future free updates, what do you think?

Voyager

Hi Voyager.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

However I have already downloaded the FTXORBXLIBS_150331 and run it but still no buildings attached to jetbridges, In fact only other scenery inside airport boundary is ground traffic and fuel stall.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Regards,

Oldsheppy

Hi,

PNW is fully crafted and KSEA is improved in this region: the third runway was added.

So if there is no add on by the neighborhood, I wonder if you have Vector installed.

If you have Vector installed, go to the tab <AEC> of FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool and manually disable KSEA.

Cheers,

Voyager

EDIT: See how:

AECDISABELEINFOGRAPH.jpg

Voyager

Hi mate,

Well, if you don't have Vector, I don't know what to suggest.

Anyway these are the files relating to KSEA:

======================================

P3D

~\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

~\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

~\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

~\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

FSX

~\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

~\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

~\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

~\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

======================================

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi there,

if the FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl file from Voyager's list above is present (and the scenery complexity slider is set to at least Normal) then it most likely is a local exclude file that removes those buildings. Do you have any add-on entries in your scenery library menu above the Orbx/FTX block of entries? If so, try temporarily unchecking them to see whether that brings the buildings back.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I have checked all the bgl files associated with KSEA that you mentioned and I have exactly the same. I have ORBXLIBS at the top of my scenery library and all the PNW files directly underneath. My scenery complexity slider is set to "very dense" but still no buildings.

I just did a flight into KPDX just to check another airport and everything is visible.

Anyway thanks for all your suggestions and in meantime I will apologise to my passengers!

Cheers

Oldsheppy

One thing worth asking at this stage, is do you have a 3rd party AI traffic program?

Often, these AI packages include "updated" airports that can play havoc with other 3rd party airports (including those provided with FTX regions).

If so, there are ways to fix this... but let's find out if that's even the case first ;)

I have had the same problem at KSEA for several days.  I had installed Taxi2gate KSEA and the buildings were ok, but not the topo, so I uninstalled it.  Then I lost most of the buildings, but not the jetways, in PNW and default.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled PNW several times but no luck.  I have tried everything above, no luck.  Oddly, in looking at the bgl files mentioned above, before the first uninstall/reinstall, each of the ksea files had a duplicate file below it but it had an extension like this:  .end.  I deleted the .end files but that had no effect.  On reinstall, they were gone.

Art Stuart

Archived