why does Biggin Hill have cliffs

paulv

Hi, I have ORBX Global Base, Vector and open LC Europe installed on my computer.

Tonight, I purchased and installed ORBX England, and now my favourite airport, Biggin Hill, has massive cliffs just in front of my plane on the runway.

I have unchecked all scenery in FSX except ORBX, but the problem remains.

Please help.

Paul - Order No. FSS0401256

Thank You, That did it.

But I have to ask: How is a novice like me supposed to know they need to change a setting in the Vector configuration tool when they download this?

Thanks anyway

Paul

Hi Paul...Welcome :)

Good question...I could not find an operators manual for Vector either...so just keep asking questions here....pretty soon you will no longer be a novice...

These are the five basics I do after every scenery addition or change:

1. Set FTX Central to Global and put a check in the Hybrid mode box, then click "Apply"

2. Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

3. Reinstall the latest Orbx libs. (or Just run FTX Central V2 and apply any updates it indicates)

4. Do a scenery cache flush/reset.  (This just entails opening the FSX settings/scenery library and clicking on OK with a check in the “Empty scenery cache on exit†check box).

5. Run the Auto AEC tool in Vector after every scenery change. Be sure to click "Apply"

Cheers

Doug

Worth noting also, once you run the automatic scan in the Vector control panel, you can save the results as a profile... Running with FTX Central set to Europe, or Global with Hybrid checked will result in many more airports being found by the scan than just running Global with no hybrid mode...

I personally have two vector profiles set... One for when I fly FTX Global with no hybrid checked, and one for when I fly regions or Global hybrid.

When I install a new airport, I simply add it manually, then save the updated profile... saves a lot of time ;)

Archived