Palm Springs-no moving jetways?

Mattv81

G'day Matt,

What AI software are you using that has cargo aircraft flying to KPSP? I only ask, as to my knowledge there aren't any regular freight services to Palm Springs. 

Aside from that, the reason you are seeing this is that the main terminal is one of the few spots at the airport that has parking large enough for medium/large jets - since your cargo AI can't find anywhere else to park, they will head there. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Matt,

The amount & type of aircraft that land at the airport will be controlled by My Traffic, the only affects on AI that our version of KPSP will have are where the aircraft park, and how they move around the airport (via taxiways/runways etc). If you have 4 Fedex aircraft (presumably DC-10/MD-11's or 777F's ?) then they will definitely park at the terminal, as this is the only spot available at KPSP for larger jets to park. We do this intentionally to avoid having larger airliner jets parking at odd locations around the airport. Our APX factors in basic real-life airline movements (ie the terminal is designed to have enough parking for real-life airliner schedules on a busy day), but unfortunately this doesn't factor in high levels of airliner/cargo traffic generated by fictional or semi-fictional AI flightplans. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived