Bert Groner

Gentlemen, good day!

For my review on KPSP I want to make some screens at a parking position e.g. number 11 using GSX. But... I cannot get the jetways work using Crtl & J as normal. For example at KIAH from FSDT is works fine. What can I do make them move?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

G'day Bert,

The Jetways at KPSP are static at this point, though I am hoping to animate at least a couple of them for an upcoming service pack. In lieu of animated versions (which to be honest, do chew up a lot more performance resources than the static versions), I placed all static jetways to roughly line up with many of the more popular addon airliners - you will find a couple suitable for 737NG/A320/A321, one for Q400/E135/145, B757, B767 etc. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Gentleman; good day and thanks for your replies...

As I know the market and the users for decades now and get a bunch of optionos nearly every time as the editor in chief of FS MAGAZIN since almost ten years now let me honestly tell you that...

1. Animated jetways are definetly not a performance issue for a "normal" Orbx scenery - maybe they are at hugh airports like KLAX or others but here they aren't with PC's at 3 Ghz plus x even when usind system depth airplanes. there are mayn things which drops freamerate but not jeways in the first row...

2. The ordiance is demanding animated jetways as "state of the art" and count fixed ones as "showstoppers". See the discussion on GSX and AES all around. It is a long known fact that most of them don't want to buy sceneries without animated jetways.

3. For most of the virtual pilots GSX and AES are a vital reason for keep on flight simming as the shown the whole picture; not "only" flying but ground services as well.

As a conclusion I kindly ask every Orbx scenery developer to make animated jetways without any exception - maybe as an option.

Just make a good thing even more better or nearly perfect - thanks a lot!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

As I know the market and the users for decades now and get a bunch of optionos nearly every time as the editor in chief of FS MAGAZIN since almost ten years now let me honestly tell you that...

1. Animated jetways are definetly not a performance issue for a "normal" Orbx scenery - maybe they are at hugh airports like KLAX or others but here they aren't with PC's at 3 Ghz plus x even when usind system depth airplanes. there are mayn things which drops freamerate but not jeways in the first row...

2. The ordiance is demanding animated jetways as "state of the art" and count fixed ones as "showstoppers". See the discussion on GSX and AES all around. It is a long known fact that most of them don't want to buy sceneries without animated jetways.

3. For most of the virtual pilots GSX and AES are a vital reason for keep on flight simming as the shown the whole picture; not "only" flying but ground services as well.

As a conclusion I kindly ask every Orbx scenery developer to make animated jetways without any exception - maybe as an option.

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Wow.

Animated jet ways (or lack of) are 'showstoppers'?

My simming time is split roughly 60% GA and 40% airliner (short commuter routes) and I honestly could care less if the jetways move or not.

I appreciate that for some its more important, especially if airliner flying is the focus, but a 'showstopper'? Whats more of a showstopper to me is when on approach and all the moving jetways start up, the FPS tanks. Thats a simstopper!!  ::)  As for jetways having no impact on CPU's running 3ghz and above, my CPU sits at 4.6ghz and jetways have a noticable effect, hence why they are disabled.

For my money, amazing detailed scenery at high FPS takes preference every day of the week over moving jetways and any other animated feature (including people flow etc)

If its made as an option, then everybody gets to choose as appropriate and that seems like a good compromise. As it stands, I agree with Jarrads approach 100% 

G'day Bert,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback - I very much appreciate it. 

As mentioned previously, animating the jetways is on the list for a service pack. I listen carefully to all feedback on our airport products, and always strive to include requested features where possible. I would respectfully disagree that not having them should be a considered a "showstopper" - but then again I can only base my assumption on the feedback and requests from our customers. That being said, I will take your feedback on board and absolutely consider it with future projects. 

I hope you've been otherwise enjoying the scenery (both within the airport perimeter and outside), and if you have any other questions or comments please feel free to pass them on.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Hi all!

Sorry for my lat response but my main computer crashes somedays before afte four years of ongoing work...

I certainly respect opinions like Glenn's one - we should not forget that there are many users outside who want's to have them getting the whole picture - even as an option as I wrote before. So I honestly thank Jarred for his kind listening and putting the jetways on the list: Perfect!

And by the way: I really like this particular scenery very much. Did you try the RNAV approaches? great stuff - great view! Palm Springs is full of life, full of flair and full of character: In short it is one of the best ever that became available for us simmers. Have a look into the next FS MAGAZIN 2/2015 - it will be my pleasure to send Jarred a personal copy.

All the best for now - have a great holiday and a very good, healthy 2015!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Archived