FTX130 Download

Kerosene

Anyone else had problems trying to download FTX130? I've been trying to d/l my copy from Flightsim Store for weeks, but it always gets to 99%(4531Mb) and hangs. The download window stays open and the connection is still active, but the rest of the file won't download. The zip file is corrupt at the end, the OrbxFTXGlobal130.2 file won't extract.

FSS suggested clearing the caches, which I've done as well as getting rid of the old copies but the same thing happens every time. Any ideas? I'm getting sick on blowing my data cap on trying to download this thing multiple times.

Chances are the problem is with your ISP and their cached copy.  I have no idea how you would get them to get rid of the copy that rsides in their servers, might even be in an intermediate server.  The internet gets complicated like that.  Got anyone on a different ISP who can download it for you?

If it's failing at 99%, there's a possibility that the problem might be on your PC as the downloader tries to write out the buffered file data.  Do you have enough disc space 1) in your download area and 2) on your system drive?

Archived