No AI at KSTS

FreeBird

Hi Misha love the new airport but I have one question. I don't seem to have any GA AI moving around the airport or taking off or landing like most of the other Orbx airports do. I do have NA traffic. I do have that commercial plane taxing and taking off but no others and it makes the airport seem lifeless.  Any clues. Thanks Josh

Hi Josh,

You should definitely have a bit of GA AI traffic, you could try turning up the GA aircraft AI setting up in your FSX settings and see if that makes a difference? I didn't make any custom AI for the airport so what you will see will likely be default, unless you have another AI program, since I don't believe NA AI covers NCA.

Cheers

Is there plans on updating NA traffic to include California. I have ultimate traffic 2 but turned off GA planes as the models don't look that good to me. I will turn my setting up to 100 from 70 and see if that helps. Maybe in a update you could include a few GA AI.     Thanks Josh 

Indeed... UT2 requires traffic settings in the sim to be set to 100 for both airline and GA.

The AI density is then set directly from the UT2 menu or control panel.

Rob,  I thought it didn't make any difference what the traffic settings in the sim were.  Could be wrong, though.  I've set UT2 settings and let it go at that.

Stew

Indeed... UT2 requires traffic settings in the sim to be set to 100 for both airline and GA.

The AI density is then set directly from the UT2 menu or control panel.

UT2 doesn't require a setting in FSX to display it's own traffic. You can set both airline and GA to zero and UT2 will still display the traffic it generates based on how you set it in the UT2 UI. UT2 doesn't use .bgl based traffic files, so those setting are irrelevant to UT2.

However, any .bgl based traffic like that provided by WOAI, ORBX, user made, etc., requires the traffic sliders to be used in FSX to display that traffic, but that traffic, the .bgl based ones, will operate in independently from UT2.

I use both UT2 and some other .bgl based traffic. I set the traffic sliders in FSX to the settings I require for the .bgl traffic to display at the levels I require, and use the sliders in UT2 for that traffic to display at the settings I require.

Hope that helps.

UT2 doesn't require a setting in FSX to display it's own traffic. You can set both airline and GA to zero and UT2 will still display the traffic it generates based on how you set it in the UT2 UI. UT2 doesn't use .bgl based traffic files, so those setting are irrelevant to UT2.

However, any .bgl based traffic like that provided by WOAI, ORBX, user made, etc., requires the traffic sliders to be used in FSX to display that traffic, but that traffic, the .bgl based ones, will operate in independently from UT2.

I use both UT2 and some other .bgl based traffic. I set the traffic sliders in FSX to the settings I require for the .bgl traffic to display at the levels I require, and use the sliders in UT2 for that traffic to display at the settings I require.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information, Gordon.  This is exactly what I do as well--settings for FSX AI and settings for UT2.  Works like a charm.

Stew

Archived