My first day at Sonoma County Airport (P3D)

shipdriver

Another great video, thanks!

Just make sure in your P3D settings to set the texture max load to 4096, that will really make a visual difference to the ground at the airport ;)

Thanks. I can't remember the last time I flew with 4096, but then again I've never had an OOM in P3D either. I'll play around and monitor VAS.

Another great video, thanks!

Just make sure in your P3D settings to set the texture max load to 4096, that will really make a visual difference to the ground at the airport ;)

Ok, so I flew at 4096. Same plane, all other settings the same. I only lost 63Mb of VAS which was somewhat of a surprise for me. Runway/taxiway edge textures were definitely improved, although from the air the differences seemed fairly marginal. What surprised me was smoothness was a little better if anything (perhaps a better CPU/GPU balance?). Frames locked at 36 and the average was 34.1 although it was pegged at 36 fps most of the flight and a good chunk of that may have been the Comanche not liking the throttle pulled back to idle on landing again and big frame drop happening until I added throttle for taxiing as per usual. I will do another video at KSTS (at 4096) unless something else gets released in the next fortnight.

Archived