Freeware airport packages thanks

rsvette12

I just love the fact that the textures are more up to date.  None of the redundant texture tiling that FSX was infamous for.  I flew in to KJYO last night and she was lit in all of her beauty at twilight and onec I taxied, I had to fight for a parking space! lol

Still wondering though, what that woman was doing walking back and forth from the Lear parked out front.

I commend those who create these freeware airports.  Heck, I would support a ORBX subscription program so we can get a regular dose of airports to fill in the blanks where the subpar FSX airports are...just a thought.

-Jim

Also wish to thank the folk who go to the trouble of creating the FTX freeware airports.

Flew from KTEX (Telluride Regional, Co.), to KGWS (Glenwood Springs, Co.) this afternoon.

I was testing an iPad app. that among several functions, allowed me to have a top down view of the flight as it occurred, with the view being as if I was looking at say Google Maps, with a photo realistic hybrid setting.

When I got to Glenwood Springs I shutdown in front of a small hanger, about half way down the air port.

I swiveled the "Outside" view to the left & noticed 6 long hangers.

Out of curiosity I had a close look at the iPad top down view of the airport, {you can zoom in & out}, & there they were, the hangers, all 6 of them.

& the small hanger in front of which I was parked was also in the iPad view & correctly proportioned too.

So whoever put Glenwood Springs together did an excellent job re the detail.

TTM

Archived