Puddle on a pedestal at KFMN Farmington

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I can see. But that is not FSX/P3D default scenery plus Vector plus FSG2010. There must be some other scenery installed.

See my picture. You can clearly see, the little lake perfectly fits to the terrain. Only the too big apt poly rises part of the lake up to apt height. So, sorry, no Vector issue.

unbenannt.jpg

It's not that you're right!

It was one such freeware that Orbx produces: turned off the _CVX.bgl and everything was normal; to say, almost, the lake was "poured".

2015-7-21_vvvv.jpg

Let's see what the freeware staff says.

Thank you Stefan.

Best regards,

Voyager

I never meant this to be seen as a Vector issue - I started a preceeding thread asking whether this was a good place to post  problems with FSG2010 and got a 'yes, go ahead'. Since KFMN works without FSG2010 as expected (as I noted in my original post) and FSG2010 is recommended in conjunction with Vector I don't think it's just an issue with the freeware.

But I'll let others be the judge of that!

Here are two screenshots of the same view with the 'puddle on a pile' problem present: (shot #1) and the 'puddle' on the ground as it should be.

SIM = FSX

Scenery = ORBX Global/Hybrid mode

KFMN is a Global Freeware Pack 21 airport by Niel Hill and it does not show up in a manual configuration search of the VECTOR configuration tool.

First screen shot is with the FS Global 2010 - North America entry active in the FSX Scenery Library  (Global 2010 FTX Compatible Mesh)

GCS_147.jpg

Second screen shot is with the FS Global 2010 - North America entry inactive in the FSX Scenery Library (Global 2010 FTX Compatible Mesh)

GCS_148.jpg

I have many places that exhibit airport anomalies with the North America entry active.  Both in addon and stock FSX location.  IMHO there is some problem with the North America entry from Pilots 2010 FTX Compatible MESH.  I have actually downloaded and re-installed the MESH I purchased on two separate occasions to be sure I did not have a bad install.  The same anomalies still appear.

Stephen,

your speaking of P3D while it appears that those with a problem are referring to FSX (at least I am) and Richard sees the same problem with his install.

Because of the problems caused by the North America entry I normally just turn that MESH entry OFF because it has the errors when it is active.

Archived