Getting W7 ready of FSX:SE

Hello all again.

Being a pensioner and fairly badly disabled, gives me ample time to wreck my computer.

After reading all the great advice on this forum, I've decided to wait until JV's program helping the transition from box set to FSX:SE.is released.

While I'm waiting I thought I'd take the advice of many, and reinstall W7 so I get a fresh registry.

Apart from a logging program which hold 35yrs of amateur radio contacts (which I've backed up on a flash drive) I don't really have anything else.

Before I crash blindly ahead  and do this (which I've never done before) can anybody think of any really important things I should backup or be careful of? Apart from switching it on that's about my computer limit.

Many thanks again,

Jim JimNZ

Hello and Thanks Doug.

Well what brilliant manual, not only for FSX but for  people who want to learn about computers.  I was fascinated from start to finish.  As a result I have not only printed this out but saved it to documents as well.  I don't want to lose it.

Thank you so much Doug, I really appreciate it.  So much knowledge, so much to learn, this really is my computer bible.

Regards and thanks again.

Jim ZL2BMH

Archived